Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 4590 Total Views

What, if anything, did/do you give your LO when they're teething.  I a pretty sure that is what is going on with my twins and I am so tired.  They're not sleeping, cranky during the day and not napping.  How can I give them some relief?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LKRA
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Call me insane, but here's what we did and it works wonders. The tip came from the great-grandmother of a friend of mine, a sweet old black lady brought up in the deep south. I trust this woman implicitly! Those southern ladies know their stuff! :)

Grab an egg. You have twins, so grab two. LOL Plain raw eggs, still in their shells. Put one into each baby's sock and hang them over the doorway of wherever they sleep.

That's it. :)

ETA: Our egg has been hanging for over a year and my daughter hasn't had Tylenol since God knows when. Well, probably since I realized that I hate Tylenol. :)

Terri441
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM
I've used Camilla drops from the health food store at night. I generally just use things for him to chew on during the day but at night when he can't settle I use the Camilla and sometimes the hylands teething tablets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife27
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Quoting Terri441:

I've used Camilla drops from the health food store at night. I generally just use things for him to chew on during the day but at night when he can't settle I use the Camilla and sometimes the hylands teething tablets.

I've tried the teething tablets.  They only give them relief for a few minutes. 

armywife27
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Quoting LKRA:

Call me insane, but here's what we did and it works wonders. The tip came from the great-grandmother of a friend of mine, a sweet old black lady brought up in the deep south. I trust this woman implicitly! Those southern ladies know their stuff! :)

Grab an egg. You have twins, so grab two. LOL Plain raw eggs, still in their shells. Put one into each baby's sock and hang them over the doorway of wherever they sleep.

ETA: Our egg has been hanging for over a year and my daughter hasn't had Tylenol since God knows when. Well, probably since I realized that I hate Tylenol. :)

Interesting...that is the first time I've ever heard that!  Do you know why/how it helps?

Terri441
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM
Have you tried the Camilla drops. They seem to help Braeden a lot

Quoting armywife27:

Quoting Terri441:

I've tried the teething tablets.  They only give them relief for a few minutes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iibaby
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Humphreys works well for my 5 month old.

LKRA
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:39 AM

It's a ridiculous old wives' tale. I have no idea how/why it works. It worked for my friend and all her family members, so I thought I'd try it. Everyone laughed at me, but I had the happiest teething baby on the block. :)

Quoting armywife27:

Quoting LKRA:

Interesting...that is the first time I've ever heard that!  Do you know why/how it helps?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)