Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whooping Cough

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

So apparently the whooping cough is on the rise, I have just been hearing about it through other people. My son was last vaccinated when he was around 7 months. He is 3 now. What would happen if a 3 year old would get it?

And even if you are vaccinated from these illness can't you still get it? Just wondering.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Yep, and the pertussis vaccine has one of the lowest efficacy of all the vaccines, they're only like 40 something % affective?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong... lol.

ETA:  And as far as your three year old getting it, it's highest risk is involved when it's a young infant, so a three year old should be able to handle it quite well.

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

nessy1980
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I really wouldnt worry. I have heard of babies getting whooping cough. Just keep your son's immune system strong.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Yes, you can still get it if you were vaxed.  The effective rate for this one is pretty low anyhow.  My friends dd (18 months) is unvaxxed and just getting over whooping cough and doing just fine.  Just keep up their immune systems.

jess311
by Member on Sep. 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM

my son who was vaxed until 2 had whooping cough twice....he got it both times before he was 1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)