Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for you guys about allergies/antibiotics

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 346 Total Views

A friend of mine has a 4 year old daughter with a double ear infection.  I know she is fully vaccinated (but I don't know when her last shot was...I am assuming she got the flu shot which I think might have caused this horrible double ear infection...but like I said I dont know for sure that she got it yet)

Anyway she is allergic to at least 5 different antbiotics.  The ear infection is so bad that the drum was bulging and there was oozing puss...so the doctor started azrithromyacin...she broke out in hives...then on to the clindamyacin...she broke out in hives again.  Now she has gone to an allergest who wants to desensitize her from the medication...

My thinking is that she already has so much shit going on with her immune system that a desensitization process would just cause more harm...however I don't have any suggestions on how to help her with this current infection.  The doctor didn't even take a culture before starting the antibiotics...quack

Any suggestions ladies?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Garlic oil can help with ear infections.  Hydrogen perioxide also helps. 

Char07
by Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Does she know anyone who is breastfeeding that she could use some breastmilk in her ear.  If it were me and I wasn't breastfeeding I would find a friend that was and borrow some milk, definitely better than desensitization or trying random antibiotics  :)

Terri441
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Would she be open to a chiropractor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MSOmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Dr. Mercola posted an article about hydrogen peroxide in the ears.  I've never tried it, but will keep it in mind if the need ever arises.  Your friend could try it, and likely not have any side effects.  It falls into the "won't hurt, might help" category.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/03/13/hydrogen-peroxide-part-one.aspx

DevynHummer
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I agree with the garlic oil suggestion. My son has an ear infection that would not go away...they put him on 3 different rounds of antibiotics. I then heard about garlic oil, did it, and he has not had a single ear infection since!

She should also go to the chiropractor that could help alot! Oh and of course get the baby on probiotics!

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM

My suggestion would be a chiropractor and also some garlic oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)