Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help ...dental work and health issues

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

I just found out yesterday that the cement used to put my crowns on have types of aluminum and some fluoride as bonding agents. I have been working on my health issues for 15 years. I have all sorts of allergies and food intolerances. While this is not the main culprit, I feel it could be playing into it.

I am also freaked because of the Alzheimer's and other dementia links with aluminum. I had all my mercury removed over ten years ago by the same dentist. I am shocked he is using this and he told me that many dentists use this same compound. He has been my dentist for years and feels really bad about it.

I don't know what to do. My dentist said he has not had good luck re-using a crown once it comes off from this cement so all he can think of is replacing them. (they would cost me about $980.00 a tooth and I have about 5 of them from night grinding before I discovered what was going on).

I have spent the last 15 years getting toxins out of our lives, buying organic, organic gardening, thousands on natural Drs. and supplements and just to find out I have a toxic waste dump in my mouth.

My mom has alzheimer's and her oldest brother had a series of strokes and was also getting it. No one else has Alzheimer's in our family. They both have extensive dental work in their mouths.

What can I do?! I have been so depressed and freaked out.  I am still a breastfeeding mom so doing an oral chelation scares me for what it will do to my milk supply. I also don't know what to do about the crowns in my mouth?  :-(

"Children are a gift from God."

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lisa009
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM

BUMP!

Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:54 PM

BUMP!

Lisa009
by Member on Feb. 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I'd be afraid to try removing it as it might release more into your system.  I read somewhere (sorry can't remember) that that's the problem with merury fillings too.  When they drill to remove it they vaporize it and it goes right into your system.

Lisa009
by Member on Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Yes, I am afraid of that too. I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. But removing them and doing detoxing could help in the long run rather than years of seeping poisons?

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

I'd be afraid to try removing it as it might release more into your system.  I read somewhere (sorry can't remember) that that's the problem with merury fillings too.  When they drill to remove it they vaporize it and it goes right into your system.

"Children are a gift from God."

Godspitgrl
by Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I dont know what to tell you I had no clue but here is a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)