Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The chicken pox are here- help

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 387 Total Views

my kids just got the chicken pox yesterday on my son's 4th birthday! we knew it was probably coming since they were exposed 15 days ago. dd is only 9 months, and i now think she isnt going to get it bad enough to give her immunity. she only has about 20 spots, same as yesterday with no more popping up. my ds has TONS and is completely miserable. dd was up crying for 3 hours off and on last night, nothing would console her and she didn't want to nurse. then ds got up at 3:30 (i gave him an oatmeal bath and benedry orally before bed) and we went downstairs to play and have a snack until 5:30. i gave him more benedryl (per his request to sleep) and he still couldn;t sleep. dd did but he woke her up at 7. now i am on about 2 hours of sleep and the kids are not much better. we can't do this for the next 5 days. what else helps?! he does NOT want calamine, though i may try to push it if it gets worse. his head is terribly itchy and so covered with HUGE bumps, he keeps punching it!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ccmj
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

awe momma...youll get though this.  Oatmeal baths Should help.....let them hang in the tub just keep warming the water.

CountryGirl0809
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM
the calamine lotion helps more than anything. just has to run its course
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loa1002
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I have read put 1 cup of baking soda in a bath will help with itching

then I found this site....

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Chicken-Pox.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)