Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selective/Delayed vax and religious exemption

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

I am revisiting the issue of vaccines. My DD (first child) was basically fully vaxed, until our second child, DS was 6 months old and we decided no more until further notice. So DD would have been about 3 when we made the decision for our family. DS has had the 2mos, 4mos, and 6 mos vax. 

We homeschool, so it's not often (so far) that we need the exemption. Just in case we do, my plan has always been to use the religious exemption. 

Lately I've been thinking about doing more of a delayed/selective vax'ing, as opposed to NO vax. Can I still do the religious exemption, while doing some vaccines? 

Thanks!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SabrinaMBowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Yeah, just file the exemption as if they don't have any vaccines and don't turn in vax records.

MyJordyLu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Quoting SabrinaMBowen:

Yeah, just file the exemption as if they don't have any vaccines and don't turn in vax records.

Yeah, this is the only way. But it can get tricky. Esp. if there is an 'outbreak' at school, they usually send the unvaxxed kids home until it's over, and if your child is on file as not vaxxed but is, they'd be missing school for no reason, etc.

mevans
by Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Thanks. :)

We're homeschooling so far, so the school outbreak issue isnt a problem for us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)