Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exeption in PA - will this work...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 441 Total Views

The school here isn't really strict when it comes to how exemption letters need to be written. My Gram just wrong a note that said "Rebekah will not be vaccinated as per her mother's beliefs" and signed it. But I'm super anal and wish I had an actual form to fill out...  So this is what I wrote up, tell me what you think.

Due to a strong ethical conviction similar to a religious belief on the part of the parents Jason & Sabrina Bowen, ___(Child's Name Here)___ will not be recieving vaccinations.

Which I would then sign and date and so on... 

What do you all think? What should I change or add?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MyJordyLu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I am in Pa as well and this is what I put: "Our religious beliefs are against the practice of vaccination." I know the law says strong moral or ethical belief similar to a religious objection, but I figure some day down the line they might take that away. I have a friend with an 18 year old that didn't vaccinate because they were vegan... we have it pretty easy here in PA as far as this goes. The schools have an actual card that you will need to fil out. It's a white card with green trim and the front part is the vaccination record, the back is the exemption. My son has been to three schools so far and things have been the same at all three, and I've never been given a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)