Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Required school shots: In need of advice

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 332 Total Views

My daughter is starting Kindergarten this fall and I am supposed to have proof of shots in less than a month.  I stopped before her MMR and still don't feel comfortable finishing.  My husband on the other hand won't even listen to me and expects me to get her shots.  His mother comes from a medical background as an RN and now works in a lawyer's office, so I don't know that I can trust her or him if I don't get her shots.  I've heard of a "high quality" vaccine Sanofi Pasteur given by a naturpoth one at a time and also of a vax detox after shots are given by another naturopath, but I don't know much about either.  My daughter was 6 weeks early and I still worry about her mental abilities being affected if I get her the shots.  I don't want to lie to my husband and be found out down the road making things worse and I don't want to pick up and leave, but I'm almost seeing no other choice.  What would you do if you and your husband didn't agree on your only child's  immunizations and her health care.  I need help.  thanks!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sallymoon
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM

It looks like Utah allows all 3 exemptions, so school shouldn't be a problem.  As far as what to do about hubby not agreeing about health care, it depends on how strongly either of you feel on the matter.  There are some things I feel very strongly about and have become very educated on that I will not budge about, and there are some things that my husband is educated on and feels strongly about and will not budge.  Luckily, we usually end up agreeing.  Sorry, I'm not much help!  But here's a bump.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
rabbit4
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

maybe point out to him that none of the vaccines are ever tested on preemies and there is no info available to show that it's safe for preemies.  if you present it as if you are looking for this info and you would like his help looking for this information before you do it.  and maybe say that you feel they should be proven safe rather than take it for granted that they are safe just because you can't prove that they aren't.  i find that if i get my husband involved in the research process on a topic rather than let him know that i've already made my decision, he is easier to sway.  if i can make it his idea, it's always a good idea.  if it's my idea, he wants to challenge it.  make sure he sees how they are made, how they are tested and "proven" safe and effective.  make sure he realizes they are made from diseased animal tissue and you are injecting things like monkey dna into your baby.  and that could have any number of viral and bacterial contaminants.  even if you aren't afraid of the toxins, that's just crazy.  imo.  wish i could be more help.   good luck.  fight for it if you have to.  it's worth it. 

seans_mammabear
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I would be very pushy and not take no for an answer and tell him I'm leaving him if he wants it to be any other way. I usually get my way. Don't back down.

kclarsh
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I just got an exemption form for WA state for my son who will be going into kindergarten.  The school just told me he will be held out of school if there is an outbreak....nothing else...really easy.

My husband doesn't seem to know or care that our kids are not vaccinated.  I think he knows that I have done my research.  We did have a discussion when the whole swine flu thing came about and I stood my ground with the facts (it also included our two friends) I had...so he knows that it is very serious for me to NOT put that crap in our kids.  Find one or two reasons why you don't want to vaccinate and tell him why you are so passionate about it.  Hopefully that works. 

h_minkus
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

My husband didn't understand a lot of the things I wanted to do "differently" at first, but as I shared my research with him, he began to come to my side. ;) Do you think that would work? If not, I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do! That's a difficult situation....

You can definitely get the exemption for the school, but the family is another issue. Tough....

I don't know about those things you mentioned from a naturopath, but maybe worth checking into as a compromise?

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Here are some questions to answer for yourself in deciding about vax.

1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Vaccines may not prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.

Here are some sources to help you out:

Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices 1/18
DVD
, By Sherri J. TENPENNY

http://drjaygordon.com/

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html (download the current issue)
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...k-chapters.htm
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/PackageInserts.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...ses&deaths.pdf

Health Sentinel Graphs

WHO GRAPH

Vaccine Injury Table

Beyond Conformity Resources Page
Do you have a quick-fire summary?

Inside Vaccines

Mothering: Ending the War on Disease
http://www.mothering.com/health/heal...m-just-growing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)