Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy living..

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

Hello,

I am hoping that you ladies wouldnt mind helping me.. My family  and I have always been pretty healthy eaters but lately we have gotten into a bit of a rut with sweets and junk food and I cant figure out how to get us back on a healthy diet. I am hoping for help figuring out a healthy meal plan for my family to get me started. My son is no vaccinated and I want him to eat healthy benifical foods. Thank you in advance for your help!!!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsRudd
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

And just how to live better in general :)

caemommy
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM

It can be a hard circle to break, because when you have a taste for sweets and junk, you want it more! When you rarely have it, it doesn't taste as good. For me, I just don't buy anything that is a temptation. That way, if I am really having a craving, I have to make a special trip out for that thing, and it makes it harder to justify! Sometimes I think it's easier to first find some suitable substitutes though, so you don't feel deprived, and end up binging. What are your cravings for? Like if it's ice cream, maybe you can substitute sorbet or something. Or if it's salty, you can make popcorn at home (not microwave though!). Or I've been making kale chips and they are so good!!

I think you are right to change your habits, esp for your son. IMO, not vaccinating is a lifestyle. It is being proactive about good health. Your body needs good energy, not junk, if it is going to support immunity and fight illness naturally. Good luck!!

Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM

i just dont buy the junk food! and if i do i hide it from my dd and my hubby! lol! im awful about it! i love junk food! my hubby is trying to lose 100 pounds this year and is doing really good! we eat only white meat and lots of fruits and veggies! but i feel like im starving an hour later! lol! i try to buy low fat or fat free things! i like to think we eat healthy but i know we could do better! so thanks for posting this i would like to know too!

SabrinaMBowen
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I've recently started working with a company that does just that. All of our products are free of the junk but still taste good.  I also have started doing the "deceptive" cooking where you hide things like veggies in the sweets. So I have been focusing less on buying things like cake and whatnot and more on creating my own delicious foods! Even when we do have "junk" I have been finding a way to make it healthy. And there are always options like strawberry angelfood that's really easy to do and rather healthy...

Ecobabyz
by Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM

We just don't buy it and it isn't an issue. Instead I have bulk flour in the closet and if we want something sweet I bake something simple. That way I control the amount of sugar and all the ingredients. I make cookies regularly (oatmeal raisin), but they are so healthy and not sweet that I even let my toddler eat them for breakfast sometimes. We also buy some dry fruit for snacking when you're craving something sweet, we just don't keep any candy in the house and our 2 year old doesn't know what it is yet. Here is a glimpse into what we eat/snack on:

http://www.eco-babyz.com/2010/10/glimpse-into-eco-babyz-9-dessert-snacks.html

Anastasia B, Editor at Eco-Babyz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)