Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get religious exception?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

I went to my local health department and they said "We don't do that here" and "Maybe you can go and get a noterized letter and see if your school will accept it".... so where do I go from here? I'm kinda at a loss at what exactly to do and I need this exception for my son's daycare by the end of the day today...

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Hmmm. Check www.nvic.com, and look up your state law. I live in TN right now, and it's just a form you sign. But we're moving to Louisiana in a couple of weeks, and I will have to write a letter and submit it (I think that's how it works, anyway). See what the law says, and the website should have a pdf if it's a form.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracytew
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM

For my dd to start kindergarten we need a religious exemption. I talked to the school nurse about it and she told me what I needed to do and the NY state website to see what I HAD to have...basically I had to write my own. They won't accept the forms off line! I have to tell them why I want the exemption, where it applies to my religion and if I'm against all vaccines. It's kind of tough!! I'm a religious person, but to keep it 100% religious is very hard for me!! Hope you figure out what you have to do and it works out!!!

kailu1835
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I'm fairly certain every state has a religious exemption.  What state do you live in?  Do a google search for vaccine waivers for your state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)