Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Henderson Children Belong at home

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1830 Total Views

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_223034354397596

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-henderson-children-belong-at-home

Last May (2010), a neighbour of the Hendersons made an anonymous 911 call to the police in Pasadena California. The neighbour had been in an ongoing dispute with the Hendersons and claimed to have witnessed Jeffrey Pierce Henderson slapping his daughter.

Police showed up at the Henderson's door and demanded entry. When requested by the Hendersons, the officers would not share their badge information with them. The parents held the children up to the window to demonstrate that they were fine. The police insisted on entering the home, and the parents refused. Please note that the police were not carrying a warrant and the Hendersons understood that the police had no legal right to enter their home.

The police then proceeded to break down the door. Jeffrey was beaten in front of his wife and children, taken to hospital and then put in jail for two months. He was never formally charged (in CA you can be held without charge for up to 80 days). Erica was 7 months pregnant at the time. When Jeffrey was finally released, she had their son Elijah the next day at home unassisted.

Earlier this year the Hendersons filed a suit against the Pasadena police dept in regards to the incident that occurred last may...and then were both arrested and jailed in April of this year. The Hendersons were charged with criminal misconduct for refusing to allow the police to enter their home without a search warrant. They were both arrested and jailed. The children were placed with CPS for "child endangerment" stemming from the May 2010 incident. The Hendersons were not given an option to find an alternate family member or friend to care for their children.

The six children were placed initially in several different foster homes. They are now in four different homes, and Abigail, their only daughter, has been placed in a home by herself without any of her brothers. Erica suffered mastitis while in prison (she had been nursing her youngest two boys when arrested) and was not given a breastpump. Jeffrey was denied kosher food as required by his religious beliefs and lost almost 50 lbs while in jail.

After several trial delays, Erica and Jeffrey's case was dismissed due to lack of grounds. They were released from incarceration on June 22. They were renting their home and while in jail, lost their apartment and all their possessions. The only thing they still have is their van.

Jeffrey and Erica are now dealing with the legal issues surrounding getting their children back from CPS. There was a court order in place for Elijah, the baby, to receive screened breastmilk but this hasn't happened. He is now swollen and has sores all over his body and his mother presumes it is from the formula he is being fed. Erica suspects the children have been vaccinated while in care because the boys told her of the doctor hurting them with sharp things in their arms. The parents are allowed to see the children twice a week. Repeated calls to the CPS agency have not been returned or adequatly answered. The social workers have been charged $200 at a hearing because they have not followed court orders in regards to the children.

Jeffrey and Erica's lawyer is now back from vacation. They have a CPS hearing set for July 13. Please stay tuned to find out how you can help them through media and other action. In the meantime, please sign the petition and join us on our Facebook group to find out how you can help the Hendersons.

by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_to_Skyler
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Wow.  In a bad way...

TwilightMom815
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM

that is horrible they were put in jail cuz they ddint have a serach warrant r u freakign kidding me. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Quoting TwilightMom815:

that is horrible they were put in jail cuz they ddint have a serach warrant r u freakign kidding me. 

unfortunatly, since the Patriot Act was enabled, it also enabled police to brutalize whomever they want to.  

monkeyberry
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM

What a total crock. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and the masses seem to think it's ok if it's for the "greater good". Gah! I'm so pissed!

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting TwilightMom815:

unfortunatly, since the Patriot Act was enabled, it also enabled police to brutalize whomever they want to.  

emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quoting monkeyberry:

What a total crock. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and the masses seem to think it's ok if it's for the "greater good". Gah! I'm so pissed!

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting TwilightMom815:

i call it "convenient sheeple abdication of resposibilities."..

dsanders1030
by Group Admin on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. !! This is really becoming a scary place to live.
Gabis
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM

OMG... I thought this was a free country, but it actually feels like the Soviet Union. 

BekaBug
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM

omg, how horrible. i knew it was only a matter of time. there needs to be a revolution. this is not freedom. that poor family!

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

How the hell can that have happened?  4th amendment protects against illegal search and seizure.  The cops had no warrent and no badge, that was illegal for them to do so.  Something isn't right.  There have to be missing details.  Any lawyer could get this one off the ground.  The supreme court would have a field day.

Gabis
by Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quoting BekaBug:

there needs to be a revolution. this is not freedom.

I agree.  We should all participate in this:  http://october2011.org/welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)