Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

Monday we had to go to the local courthouse to get some paperwork for my son.  This same courthouse is where the county health dept is.  Of course they had all the vaccine propaganda leaflettes all over and a huge hand written sign about how NW Indiana is facing the largest pertussis outbreak in history.  I found that funny as I get both local papers and not one word has been written about this alleged outbreak.  In big bold black letters on this sign it advised everyone get their pertussis vaccine, and if you can't afford it it will be given for free.  As I was reading the sing and using all my self control to not get out my pen and start making corrections on this sign the health dept nurse came out and gave my 2 year old a sucker!  In all fairness she did ask, but it was as she was holding the candy out to my daughter and my daughter was already reaching for it.  At 2 LIzzy is completely vaccine free, still breast fed, and has only ever had 2 cases of the sinffels, so I feel her health is good.  Why on earth would an alleged health professional give my healthy well fed child candy?  Sounds like our health system is promoting poor health so they can make more money!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Saira222
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

There was a joke on Little House on the Prarie. The doctor gave all the siblings of the sick kid sour balls (or something). The dad joked something about it and the doctor joked that if they don't get sick then at least later he could work on their teeth.

emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting princessmara:

Monday we had to go to the local courthouse to get some paperwork for my son.  This same courthouse is where the county health dept is.  Of course they had all the vaccine propaganda leaflettes all over and a huge hand written sign about how NW Indiana is facing the largest pertussis outbreak in history.  I found that funny as I get both local papers and not one word has been written about this alleged outbreak.  In big bold black letters on this sign it advised everyone get their pertussis vaccine, and if you can't afford it it will be given for free.  As I was reading the sing and using all my self control to not get out my pen and start making corrections on this sign the health dept nurse came out and gave my 2 year old a sucker!  In all fairness she did ask, but it was as she was holding the candy out to my daughter and my daughter was already reaching for it.  At 2 LIzzy is completely vaccine free, still breast fed, and has only ever had 2 cases of the sinffels, so I feel her health is good.  Why on earth would an alleged health professional give my healthy well fed child candy?  Sounds like our health system is promoting poor health so they can make more money!

thats EXACTLY what they are doing!!!! all in the "name of health"..they create the disease then market the cure....and you should call back that health dept and speak to the supervisor of the nurse who gave your child candy...if your child had been diabetic and a nurse came towards a child holding candy,  how upsetting do you think it would be for a 2yr old NOT to get the candy in front of them?? it would be an instant tantrum, all because of an idiotic nurse..imo, most nurses are total assholes..not all, but most.  And what that one nurse did, just proved she didn't use her brain in regards to anyones feelings but hers. 

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Kind of put you on the spot. You DD already saw the candy. This weekend someone gave Maddie the topper to a birthday cake. I immediately reached over and wiped off the frosting. They were like that is the best part. I was like i dont want her to have sugar. People need to not give junk to other peoples kid`s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)