Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

girl scouts and vaccines

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 308 Total Views
Do the girl scouts require the girls to be vaxed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marsena
by Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM
I've never seen that question, either that or I ignored it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Don't think so... My son is ins boy scouts and they have never asked for immunization records.  Do not see how they could legally do that.

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM
They asked for my oldest daughters but she was vaxed until age 2 so i just turned in her records. My second daughter has had none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booklover74
by Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM
No. Sometimes the registration form will have questions about general health, health conditionds and vaccine status but they are option to even answer. The Girl Scouts don't tell you its optional but it is. Vaccinations are not required though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

no! my foster daughter is in girl scouts and i asked the troop leader if we could file an exemption and she said yes! im in Ks!

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM
K thanks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM
How do you get around vaccinations with a foster child? I thought the state made you since they are the ones with legal custody and you just had physical custody. I want to foster one day, and hate the idea they will make me vax the foster kid.

Quoting Caroline2010:

no! my foster daughter is in girl scouts and i asked the troop leader if we could file an exemption and she said yes! im in Ks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Oh she is vaxed but I asked for my dd! Sorry! U can't get around it with foster kids! It sucks

Quoting kitty8199:

How do you get around vaccinations with a foster child? I thought the state made you since they are the ones with legal custody and you just had physical custody. I want to foster one day, and hate the idea they will make me vax the foster kid.

Quoting Caroline2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM
What about if you plan to adopt? Can it be stopped during the adoption process? I would hate something happen to a child in my care doing something I dont agree with.

Quoting Caroline2010:

Oh she is vaxed but I asked for my dd! Sorry! U can't get around it with foster kids! It sucks

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Caroline2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM
I'm not sure! We r foster parenting my niece so we not real foster parents just a family placement! I would think u would have to vax up until u adopt since the adoption could always fall through!

Quoting kitty8199:

What about if you plan to adopt? Can it be stopped during the adoption process? I would hate something happen to a child in my care doing something I dont agree with.

Quoting Caroline2010:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Caroline2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)