Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ALL MEMBERS SIGN IN HERE!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell us something about yourself, and why you chose not to vaccinate. 

I am the mother of 4, one partially vaxed til 2, and the other 3 haven't had any.  I had always questioned the necessity of them with my first, and when my other 3 came along, i just knew it wasn't right for my family.  I still feel to this day my firstborn is vaccine injured.  He is now 24, and has a plethora of health issues.  My other 3 children never had the issues the oldest has.  In my family, not vaccinating has been the right choice for us. 

Thank you and I hope we keep up this great forum!!!!!

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Replies (291-296):
SmtmsAlwys
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I'm Amanda, married, mother of five, four surviving, living in Indiana.

My oldest was vaccinated right up until a reaction to the Polio vaccine when she was four. My mother, a longtime nurse, was shocked because that's supposed to be one that nobody reacts to. My mother and I both react to flu vaccines so obviously that was a no go. With the reaction of my daughter, our nurse practitioner wanted to halt all vaccines for awhile. I started doing a bit of research.

A little after that, our oldest son was born. He did get a couple of shots but once I'd read enough to be very concerned, I stopped.

No one has had any vaccines since then.
Indy3000
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hey I'm saber, I have two kids, the oldest is vaccinated 2.5 but with my younger child have done some research and still undecided and trying to find more info

Peaches0004
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Andrea, a mother to 2 boys (ages 12 and almost 10) and they are both healthy unvaccinated boys! Choosing not to vax was actually my husbands idea and after some research I agreed! And I'm so happy that I did. Getting ready to move to Delaware in a couple months and hoping for good support with the schools with our exemptions there. Not vaccinating has been the right choice for us!

Juniper53098
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Hi!  I'm June.  My oldest (23) is fully vaccinated.  My younger 2 are partially vaccinated and won't be getting any more.  My middle child has asperger syndrome and we've worked really hard to heal his gut.  The more research I've done on vaccines, the more uncomfortable I am with them.

novax
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I am Ana and have 6 kids who were fully vaccinated up to Sept of 2012. I stopped due to finding out there was more to what I had been told by my doctors. I never even knew about the list of ingredients and read them all from the manufacturer's website. I was appalled, angry, guilty to say the least. It opened my eyes to a great deal of things and I realized that I had to really inform myself. I couldn't trust anyone with these health decisions not even my doctors. Once I started questioning everything I also made other lifestyle changes from dietary, medicines to the way I clean my home. My children are now very healthy but I wish I could get my husband on board. He is a strong proponent of vaccines where I am borderline advocate for not vaccinating. *sigh

I forgot to mention I am expecting in October and it is my wish that this baby not be vaccinated at all but we will see how this goes.

Gorsmom3
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Hi there, I'm Jessica. I have three kiddos, 16, 13, and 6 years old. My older children were vaxed through their Kindergarten shots. My daughter later developed a rare disease of the immune sytem called Histiocytosis. We were in the middle of that nightmare when our youngest came along, which had prompted us to do some research on vaccines and other things that might affect the immune system. We were horrified to see the ingredients that go into vaccines and all the effects on the body. We decided then not to vax our youngest (not before he received the Hep B vax in the hospital, though :). We were fortunate to find a family practice doctor (after we were kicked out of our peds practice for not vaxing) who is very supportive of our decision not to vax. He delayed and selectively vaxed his own kids and feels strongly that it's the parents' decision. I am very glad to have found this group, as I sometimes feel like like a lone ranger....:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)