Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Resources for Your State

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

It appears some states have a religious exemption which needs to be approved. This Post is for providing specific information for a certain state.

I will start with New York, which has the hardest religious exemtion law  for parents in any state in the union.

There are two lawyers who can help with this.

http://www.patriciafinnattorney.com/vaccine-practice/

And

Gary Krasner, Director

Coalition For Informed Choice
188-34 87th Drive, Suite 4B
Holliswood, NY 11423
718-479-2939
cfic@nyct.net
www.cfic.us

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ForeverInLove
by Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Approval for religious exemption?! I'm in MI and we are supposed to have philosophical/personal and so I have that written. I can, at the least, use religious as both my husband and myself are religions that believe in not causing harm....

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Approval for religious exemption?! I'm in MI and we are supposed to have philosophical/personal and so I have that written. I can, at the least, use religious as both my husband and myself are religions that believe in not causing harm....

Yes, approval!!! in NY, religious exemptions have to be "approved" by the school board or governing body of the school. 

ForeverInLove
by Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM

That's bull! So, it's not religious freedom after all. They can choose whether they want to respect your religion... how wonderful. Isn't that not against one of the amendments? Gosh... that doesn't seem like the right word. But, freedom to religion and being able to practice as so, as long as it does not create or cause harm to others...

I'm sorry, but no school is going to tell me that my religion means nothing.... Because, if you tell me my child cannot attend because I believe that something is more harmful than helpful (And ye harm none, do as ye will), I'm going to blow a lid. Hell, my husband would be liable to throw in all the catholic preists molesting little boys... He'd ask how in the hell THAT is allowed....

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Yes, approval!!! in NY, religious exemptions have to be "approved" by the school board or governing body of the school. 

healthgirl38
by Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM
FYI - Gary Krasner is not a lawyer
emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quoting healthgirl38:

FYI - Gary Krasner is not a lawyer

nor does he claim to be either...here is some info about him

http://www.americandaily.com/author/80

Gary Krasner
Website (if any): http://www.cfic.us/

Biography: Gary Krasner grew up in the Bronx in the 50's through the 70's. He moved to Queens in 1975 after obtaining a B.S. degree in Psychology from CCNY. 

His biggest move was in the health field. Having discovered that many established beliefs-like water fluoridation, vaccination, HIV=AIDS, and the traditional Germ Theory Of Disease-are without scientific foundation, he realized that uninhibited questioning is the first step towards honest investigation. One must also steer free of broad coalitions which tends to lock people into consensus thinking and hinders the willingness to debate to test one's beliefs. Most people are unwilling to move from their comfort zones and to think for themselves. They've been made to accept that experts always know best. All of this explains how science becomes dogma, and how government slows to entrenched political stagnation. 

His advocacy in vaccination began in 1982 when he met Barry Mesh, a lecturer on Natural Hygiene, and a year later, Sharon Kimmelman, who would soon found Vaccination Alternatives. Mr. Krasner founded Coalition For Informed Choice in 1994. CFIC assists people seeking to become advocates against vaccination, and to promote all personal freedom of choice in decisions about health. CFIC helps people organize locally with like-minded people, and provides advice on the nuts and bolts of effective advocacy. 

Today, Mr. Krasner works as a computer graphics artist by day. By night he runs Coalition For Informed Choice, a non-partisan organization that promotes personal freedom of choice in decisions involving our health. 

Send feedback to: Gary Krasner (If expecting a response mention the name of the article you are writing about.) 

Gary Krasner Archives

2008-06-13     The Supreme Court Has Just Selected Our Next President
2008-05-09     From Darwin to Nazism? How Atypical and Irrelevant Examples Mislead Us
2007-12-16     Illegal Immigrants Are Not Stakeholders, That's Why
2007-11-17     Spitzer and the Backlash Heard Around the World
2007-09-26     Fools On Parade: Liberals vs. Ahmadinejad
2007-08-31     Michael Vick's Apologists - Not Quite Ready For Pedophiles
2007-08-17     Minorities Under-Represented in Iraq Fatalities
2007-08-05     Russ Feingold is such a hypocrite
2007-07-14     Single-Payer Fantasies of Sicko, Michael Moore (Revised)
2007-06-05     Satisfied & Relieved that the JFK Plotters Were Caught? That Depends.
2007-05-10     Chris Mathews: Dumbest of the Dumbed-Down Cable News Hosts
2007-04-12     Don Imus, Duke University, and the Legacy of Slavery: So Much Pathos and Hypocrisy, So Little Time
2006-12-02     Seinfeld's Michael Richards: A Case of Liberal Guilt Exhaustion
2006-11-20     Media Bias in the Stem Cell Issue
2006-09-22     Polio Awareness Day: Medical Myths Die Hard - Part II
2006-09-22     Polio Awareness Day: Medical Myths Die Hard -Part I
2006-07-04     Movie Trivia of Prehistoric Proportions
2006-07-04     MSNBC's "dedication" to our armed forces
2006-03-20     Preempting The Media: What Went Wrong With This Administration?
2006-01-12     An Electoral System You Can Count On
2005-11-21     John McCain and the Politics of Torture
2005-09-21     The Pledge Is Not For Our Children
2004-07-29     Another Bipartisan Multi-Billion Dollar Medical Boondoggle: How Biomedical Research Takes Congress And Our Money, Part 2
2004-07-29     Another Bipartisan Multi-Billion Dollar Medical Boondoggle: How Biomedical Research Takes Congress And Our Money, Part 1
2004-06-21     The Draft: Another Political Gimmick By Democrats
2004-06-19     It’s Well-Past The Time To Decriminalize Drugs
2004-06-18     The Soil Is Everything
2004-06-16     It’s Horrible, But
2004-06-15     Deliberation By Consensus
2004-06-14     Does The “Chicken-Hawk” Invective Apply To The Bush Administration?
2004-06-10     Realities Behind The Florida Myths, Part One
2004-03-16     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN