Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Misleading Information Drs Give to Get Parents to Conform

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

http://www.scribd.com/doc/65685830/Small-Group-Guide

It's a very long article, chock full of lies/deception the pedi's inform parents with...it continues in link provided..when you go to the site, a warning box will come up first, about it being an adult discussion, simply click, you understand and continue..

Case #1: Parents currently refusing all vaccines for theirinfant & considering an alternative schedule

Learning Objectives:

a)

Clearly explain the lack of scientific evidence for a causalrelationship between vaccines and autism.

b)

List useful facts that can allay parental fears that multiple vaccinesoverwhelm the immune system.c)Clearly explain the risks of “natural immunity”.d)Identify resources to facilitate conversations with patients and towhich you can refer patients.

Case presentation:

Both parents come into the office with their first-born daughter who is now 2months old. They are here for a well-child exam. The child was born at termand the pregnancy and delivery were uncomplicated. The parents appear tobe upper-middle class and well educated. The exam and discussion go welluntil you start to bring up the subject of immunizations. The parents statethat they have decided to delay vaccination and are considering analternative vaccine schedule in the future.

Question 1: How do you start the conservation about the parents’concerns?Answer:

It is important to validate the parents concern, not to simplydismiss them. A helpful place to start is finding out what their specificconcerns are and where the parents are getting their information.Frequently stated concerns among parents about vaccines that you mightanticipate include:

Vaccines cause autism

Vaccines cause other developmental problems

Vaccines overwhelm the immune system

We give too many vaccines too soon

Vaccine immunity in inferior and natural immunity is better

The recommended vaccine schedule is manipulated by pharmaceuticalcompanies to sell vaccine. The government and medical communityare part of the conspiracy

Discussion:

What can you say to address the concern that vaccines cause autism orother developmental problems?

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emmy526
by New Owner on May. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

here is more misinformation in this 'guide"

Question 1: What are the school entry requirements in your state?
Can parents avoid immunizations required for school entry on the basisof a religious exemption? How does their religious exemption need tobe documented?
Can parents avoid immunizations required for school entry on the basisof a personal belief exemption? How does that need to bedocumented?
Do all states allow exemptions from school entry requirements?
Answer:
Some states only allow medical exemptions. A minority allow exemption based on personal belief

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If there were valid arguments against why we don't vax (non of those are my reasons), drs wouldn't need to be told how to handle it. They'd just know how.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I LOVE how everyone (not just doctors) automatically say, "you know they don't cause autism, right?"

First, it's listed as a side effect on some inserts, so...

And that's kinda towards the bottom of my long list of reasons anyway.

Love the blatant lie about the exemptions too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I wonder what they're gonna say when some of these new studies show Wakefield was right. Emmy posted a study on my post about monkeys. Looks like they are starting to take it seriously and do studies.

Quoting sreichelt26:

I LOVE how everyone (not just doctors) automatically say, "you know they don't cause autism, right?"

First, it's listed as a side effect on some inserts, so...

And that's kinda towards the bottom of my long list of reasons anyway.

Love the blatant lie about the exemptions too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)