Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 465 Total Views
Spin off here.
When do you begin bringing your babies out of the house?
When do you bring them to social places?(play group, church, get togethers)
Aside from bf what other things do you do to help boost there immune system? And when do you start doing them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I think I took my first out at about two weeks to a friend's house, first public playdate maybe a week later, shopping even sooner. I dont know, I don't worry. She is breast fed and I wear her when we go out, those are the best things for her immune system right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Oh, and later when we go to gross places like an airport, or if there's an outbreak or something, my girls get mangos, sunshine, and I spray their feet with a baby safe thieves oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Why mangos? My kids love mangos! I buy them frozen cause I suck at picking good fresh ones, are frozen still good?

Quoting jellyphish:

Oh, and later when we go to gross places like an airport, or if there's an outbreak or something, my girls get mangos, sunshine, and I spray their feet with a baby safe thieves oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I bf and I started right away. My car seat has a canopy the covers the whole thing so if I bring her in in her seat, whichbivdo if she's sleeping happily in it) I close it so nobody will try to touch her. Otherwise I wear her and that prevents strangers from touching her too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Mangos are loaded with vitamins A and C. Fresh is always best, but there's nothing wrong with frozen, that's better than none at all!!

PS I didn't know you were here! Sweet!!

Quoting 2forKaty:

Why mangos? My kids love mangos! I buy them frozen cause I suck at picking good fresh ones, are frozen still good?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Hmm I'll have to start throwing frozen mangos in my smoothies!

I've been here awhile I just don't post much, I read and learn :0)

Quoting jellyphish:

Mangos are loaded with vitamins A and C. Fresh is always best, but there's nothing wrong with frozen, that's better than none at all!!

PS I didn't know you were here! Sweet!!

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Ok thanks.
I start taking my kids out from birth. I bf and baby wear. We go to church 2xs a week and a play group for the older kiddos once a week. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything. We dont leave her in the nursery at church yet. There will be 4 toddlers (1 being my own) and 4 infants with my baby the oldest. When would be an ok time to leave her. My biggest concern is that they'll change a baby whose shedding the rotavirus and pass it to my baby. Is that an unreasonable concern?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

have you inspected where the diaper changing station is, and how changes are handled?  Do people wear gloves when changing diapers?  How are the diapers disposed of?  Are they wrapped up? what about the toddlers shedding their pertussis, mmr and chicken pox vaccines?  A lot of those are shed thru coughing, sneezing and saliva.  

Quoting melindabelcher:

Ok thanks.
I start taking my kids out from birth. I bf and baby wear. We go to church 2xs a week and a play group for the older kiddos once a week. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything. We dont leave her in the nursery at church yet. There will be 4 toddlers (1 being my own) and 4 infants with my baby the oldest. When would be an ok time to leave her. My biggest concern is that they'll change a baby whose shedding the rotavirus and pass it to my baby. Is that an unreasonable concern?

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

DirtyHippyMama
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I thought only the flu mist & rotovirus shed :( 

Quoting emmy526:

have you inspected where the diaper changing station is, and how changes are handled?  Do people wear gloves when changing diapers?  How are the diapers disposed of?  Are they wrapped up? what about the toddlers shedding their pertussis, mmr and chicken pox vaccines?  A lot of those are shed thru coughing, sneezing and saliva.  

Quoting melindabelcher:

Ok thanks.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM

unfortunately not

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

I thought only the flu mist & rotovirus shed :( 

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Ok thanks.

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)