Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am PASSIONATELY non-vax; HUSBAND ProVax..AArrrgggjhhh

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 447 Total Views
Sooo like many other newmommas outthere...i ABSOLUTELYAM ANTI VAX....and my husband is believing vaccinations are good. Aaarrrgghh!!!

I have been doing ALOT of research when DS naps in my arms....i am going to put a power point together with references.

I indeed LOVE my husband...he is just old school and believes that the dr. knows best...but he also is a first time daddy (i have nannied for 15yrs) and he just wrinkles his nose...when i try to inform him that Mineral/baby oil is BAD FOR infants..becauseitclogs their pores and doesnt allow infant skin to breathe and detoxify....

but we are talking vax....and honestly...he just has not done any research..he says i Read waay to much on theinternet...but many sites i believe are quitereputable...and i read books like Eisenstein and Cave....Sears still prescribes to delay ...

I told him that Japan delays all vax until 2 yrs. ...soooo he AT LEAST AGREED TO that!!!

ESSENTIALLY I HAVE 1.5 yrs to convince him!!!

He really has very little time to read sooo.....maybe a Seminar for anti Vax??
He is a good debater too...and comments that there is good and bad in ALL DECISIONS WE MAKE.

He believes by getting vaccinations you will NOT get the diaease....he also wrinkles his nose when i tell him that polio eradicated b/c of improved hygiene+sanitation NOT b/c of vaccines....

At the 4mo well baby visit..(btw Dr.Mallory supports us for Non Vax ..she aaid it is our decision!---Likewise i informed him that nope..it IS NOT MANDATORY FOR SCHOOL!! (i want to homeschool-- i have a degree in education.....That is A WHOLE OTHER DISCUSSION!!)

He made a silly comment (that i dont understand) about..well our son will need vaxc for icky stuff in the locker room..huh?? I didnt clarify b/cwe were sitting in Dr.office

He did come around and see eye to eye with me about no Hep.B and no eye ointment At Birth ....and he Totally supports me Exclusive Breastfeeding NO BOTTLES!! and NO PACIFIER..and Co-Sleeping...soooo he has the Capacity to Adopt new concepts!!

PERHAPS HE JUST NEEDS A LITTLE RE-DIRECTION!?!? MAYBE A LITTLE UPDATE?!?

I AM ASKING ALL YOU CafeMoms Any ideas?
If i get all pissy and tell him to prove why we need to...that wont fly...he has three jobs..
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

much of the good information are in books. maybe you can read them and highlight the parts you think are most important? that will make books much easier and quicker for him to read.

a book i 100% recommend is "saying no to vaccines: a resource guide for all ages" by dr. sherri tenpenny. she has fully cited her book and has taken ALL of her resources from the cdc and widely-accepted medical journals. so theres no debating her facts.

dr. tenpenny also has a webinar on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdLMeULoujM
its long, but he can listen to it in sections if he needs to.

the nvic.org is also a great website to buzz around. they have been a reputable group since the 60's, founded by parents concerned about the DPT vaccine. they often have the latest updates on vaccine-related news.

dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Direct him to my website and have him answer ALL the questions on the research aids page for ALL the diseases and vaccines: http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

OR, since he doesn't have time, research the answers to as many of the questions as you can for him, and maybe explain your reasoning for the others that are more opinion directed. Write it out, though, so you're prepared with a response when he wants to debate with you.

Quoting dedicatedrider:

Direct him to my website and have him answer ALL the questions on the research aids page for ALL the diseases and vaccines: http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dedicatedrider:

Just pinned this!  Thanks.

firemom702
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Join the non vaxing group their is a lot of great info that you can add to yor power point
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaturalMama1026
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Read the list of ingredients on the CDC website.  That is basic enough to realize it's not just a wekened virus you are injecting into your child.  The website has been made a lot harder to navigate through so if you can't find it message me and I will get the link once my desktop is back from service.

Bea111
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I have the same issue with my husband..and no matter what I show him or explain to him, he won;t listen. He is old school too ..he still thinks that you cannot live without vax or at least partial vax...but I am so convienced that vax are bad for you that even partial vax is hard for me to accept !! help !  

emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM

if your dh is not on board with this, then prepare for many a battle.  If he unwilling to even compromise on this and do some reading for himself, then you should tell him since he didn't do any research and education on the issue, then he has no say so until he does.  To me, something like this would divide me and my dh, if we were not on the same page.  I take it you two didn't discuss it before you got pregnant.  And now, here you are, doing all the research and educating yourself on this important issue, and all your dh can do is sit there and parrot what he hears on mainstream media?  He needs a wake up call.   YOUR voice matters too, when it comes to injecting toxins into your children. 

Quoting Bea111:

I have the same issue with my husband..and no matter what I show him or explain to him, he won;t listen. He is old school too ..he still thinks that you cannot live without vax or at least partial vax...but I am so convienced that vax are bad for you that even partial vax is hard for me to accept !! help !  

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

bren_darlene
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTBAh5ZKxU              

http://www.nvic.org/

On Facebook:   Mary Tocco,   Choosing Not to Vaccinate, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)