Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progesterone shots.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

My DS is 5, and completely VAX free.  :D When DH and I decided on that choice, we too stopped getting vaxed. I have had to get one shot, Varicella, becuz I work in healthcare and have no had the disease.

Well, I was informed by my OB last week that we wants to start me on progesterone shots. :( I have read up on them and I truely believe they are for the better. I am 30w3d preggo with my DD and I have already been having STRONG contractions. I have a history of PTL as well with my DS. I want DD to keep baking, and rather than risk her coming into the world fazr too soon, we've (DH and I) to go forward with them.

I have a home halth RN on her way now to inject the little buggers into my hips.

I am hoping this works. Prayers, thoughts, and words of care would be great ladies. I feel like I am some what betraying my beliefs but, I also know that I can't risk her health by NOT taking them.

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
eykelley
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
First shot went well. The RN that came today told me the shots I'm getting have zero preservatives in them and they are just the natural hormone my body makes for labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Good luck! I'm sure you are doing what you think is best for all. 

snowangel1979
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Good luck. hopefully she keeps baking untill she's done.LOL

I had to have them when I was pregnant with middle DS.
I remember the shots stung like a (blank) LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

they also have projesterone suppositories as well.

minni78
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I was supposed to take them with my third baby. After looking into more, I decided to stop after a few weeks(started very early in pregnancy...I was supposed to be part of some study). My dr. Was furious with me and let me know how much I was putting my baby in danger. I had researched other ways to keep contractions to a minimum (as much as I could considering I always start contracting pretty regularly around 3 months... And continue right through any of their meds) and did my best with that. Anyway, the ironic part of it is, despite all her doomsday predictions, baby Maggie stayed out until 38 weeks...the longest I've ever been pregnant!
Just wants to share that little testimonial but regardless of how your babe stays put, I hope she stays put!! Best of everything!
eykelley
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Thanks for the info. :) I wish there was a different way, but I can't really change much in my life. I was advised not to work, which I can't do. I need the $ for when baby gets here. So after much though we decided on it. Hoping it works.

Quoting minni78:

I was supposed to take them with my third baby. After looking into more, I decided to stop after a few weeks(started very early in pregnancy...I was supposed to be part of some study). My dr. Was furious with me and let me know how much I was putting my baby in danger. I had researched other ways to keep contractions to a minimum (as much as I could considering I always start contracting pretty regularly around 3 months... And continue right through any of their meds) and did my best with that. Anyway, the ironic part of it is, despite all her doomsday predictions, baby Maggie stayed out until 38 weeks...the longest I've ever been pregnant!

Just wants to share that little testimonial but regardless of how your babe stays put, I hope she stays put!! Best of everything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minni78
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Sounds very familiar. I also was told to stop working and be on bed rest. I told her she should prescribe a nanny and a sponsor. /:
Good luck!
buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I use a pregesterone cream called Serenity.  Love it!

Mrs.Salz
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Maybe progesterone cream made from wild yam would be an alternative?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN