Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naturopaths - Dropped by a Ped?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

I see a lot of you guys posting that you get dropped from your pediatricians and think there is no one else you can see but a pediatrician who takes non-vaccinated kids. I used to think that I had to put a pediatrician on school forms too! I found out about Naturopathic MDs and, though we rarely see him because my kids are never sick, I put him and their chiropractor as the doctor on file for the school. Both the Naturopathic MD and the Chiropractor can preform physicals for school and are acceptable emergency contacts for school. I had to argue a little with one day care, but I was right and they allowed it. In fact, when immunization cards are asked for as a form of ID, I hand over my kids' blank ones just to get rise out of people. 

I was just curious, How many of you actually list a Naturopath on school forms? How many of you thought loosing your pediatrician would be the end of your child's health care if you didn't find another? How many of you thought well visits in a pediatrician's office were somehow 'required'? 

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Free_Thinker
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Our kids pedi is a md and nd whose practice is 100% accepting of taking no vaxed kids. We only do the first well visit at 2 months , the 6 month and 12 month (these were because ins kept nagging us) then just once a year for height and weight. We were kicked out of 3 office after my dd reaction at 4 months. No one would us serious about what happened even with all the documentation . We finally found our pedi and they gave us answers and our huntch of it being a extreme vax reaction was right. They said not to continue them and recommend to not vax any future kids. Our ds is vax free.

Oh and my kiddos aren't school age yet :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM
My girls' ped is an ND. The end. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HiNeedNiki
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM
NDs aren't allowed to be licensed in PA. My ND is an MD but only has license to practice in NJ. She's not allowed to draw blood here.

Trust me, if I could do that, that would be my plan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaturalMamaCZ
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Sane thing.in Colorado. They don't recognize naturopathic doctors.
eykelley
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
We use a ped. But she is 100% ok w/ us non vaxing. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Yeah, unfortuneately you gotta know your state laws. Only something like 13 states require nds to be licensed and graduated from an accredited school. In a small number of states naturopathic medicine is totally illegal, and there's a whole array of In between laws.
naturopathic.org is an awesome resource for this info, and you can search your are for nds. Not all nds who graduated from an accredited school are on their sersch, but all the nds in their search are accredited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)