Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Flu Vaccines mandatory in all hospital staff - completion by 2014" - help!

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:58 AM
  • 62 Replies
  • 2250 Total Views

My husband works in WI in a hospital in the IT (computer) dept. All employees were told that the "Joint Commission on Accredidation of Healthcare Organizations"(the gov) is making flu vaccines mandatory for ALL hospital/medical facility staff. If my husband does not have this thing by Dec. 1st, he will lose his job or have to wear a mask every minute he is at work, even if he is just in the computer dept. sitting at his desk typing away.

Apparently this is some new thing that just came out making this mandatory and this gov. organization wants this mandate complete by 2014. If you claim a religious objection, you have to have your clergy sign a document to give to the organization. If you claim medical, you have to have a Dr. write out a form for you.

This scares the heck out of me! Please help, we don't want this for anyone in our family.

"Children are a gift from God."

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Unfortunately this is now becoming the norm in all hospitals, and i  don't know of any legal ramifications of forcing someone to take something against their will in an employment setting.  His best bet is to either wear the mask, or start looking for another job...if he doesn't want to go thru this flu debacle every year from now on, he needs to consider if working elsewhere would be more beneficial for everyone's mental health, and physical health as well.  He's lucky he has the choice of a mask..i'm reading on  some sites from nurses that hospital staff either HAS to take the vaccine OR get FIRED.   

Lisa009
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Is there any angle he could take with the way it was worded in either medical or religious that would work?

He loves his job and has only been here for a year.

emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM

you'll have to check your local laws, but i think it's up to the employers discretion, regardless of the lawws for kids...what state are you in?

Quoting Lisa009:

Is there any angle he could take with the way it was worded in either medical or religious that would work?

He loves his job and has only been here for a year.

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

Lisa009
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting emmy526:

you'll have to check your local laws, but i think it's up to the employers discretion, regardless of the lawws for kids...what state are you in?

He works in WI.

Is there some form he could make them sign to be responsible for any reactions since it was not a voluntary decision?

emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM

i doubt there is any form as pharma themselves are shielded from lawsuits that may stem from injuries from a vaccine...that's why congress set up NVICP=national vaccine injury compensation program, to compensate parents who kids have been adversley affected.  But i hear trying to get compensation is harder than pulling a hen's tooth..

Quoting Lisa009:

Quoting emmy526:

He works in WI.

Is there some form he could make them sign to be responsible for any reactions since it was not a voluntary decision?

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

What kind of document does the clergy have to sign?  Could it be re-worded so you could find someone to sign it?

Lisa009
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Quoting micheledo:

What kind of document does the clergy have to sign?  Could it be re-worded so you could find someone to sign it?

This is what I am wondering.

gmapoohz
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I posted the following on another thread, it has respected MAINSTREAM sources listed at the end. Also links above good to read. Dr. Mercola site talks about link between flu vaccines and narcolepsy – that’s great idea, have your hospital staff come down with narcolepsy – awesome.

Evidence Shows Flu Shots Simply Don't Work

Flu vaccinations keep coming up short in study after study – way short – when it comes to having any measurable impact on what matters most, which is reducing illness and mortality from the flu. Here are several other examples providing evidence that flu vaccines may not prevent influenza or influenza-related complications leading to death, like pneumonia, in ANY age group:

• A study published in the October 2008 issue of the Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine8 found that vaccinating young children against the flu had no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons. The researchers concluded that "significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting" examined.
  • A 2008 study published in the Lancet9 found that influenza vaccination was NOT associated with a reduced risk of pneumonia in older people. This also supports an earlier study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine10.
  • Research published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine11 also confirms that there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza and pneumonia in the elderly, despite the fact that vaccination coverage among the elderly has increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now.
  • In 2007, researchers with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the National Institutes of Health published this conclusion in the Lancet Infectious Diseases:12

"We conclude that frailty selection bias and use of non-specific endpoints such as all-cause mortality, have led cohort studies to greatly exaggerate vaccine benefits."

• A large-scale, systematic review of 51 studies, published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews13 in 2006, found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo in children under 2. The studies involved 260,000 children, age 6 to 23 months.
  • 8 Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine 2008 Oct;162(10):943-51
  • 9 Lancet 2008 Aug 2;372(9636):398-405
  • 10 The New England Journal of Medicine 1998 Feb 7;351(9100):399-403
  • 11 American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2008 Sep 1;178(5):527-33
  • 12 Lancet Infectious Diseases 2007 Oct;7(10):658-66
  • 13 Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006 Jan 25;(1):CD004879
    Lisa009
    by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thank you ...while this is all good information, it will not help with the issue outlined in my post. I have been anti-vax for about 16 years now, My problem is the mandatory vaxing with the difficult exceptions. I need help with finding an exception for DH. No standard run of the mill Dr. is even going to read this kind of material. Over the last 16 years, I am convinced most of them are brainwashed with no open mindedness at all.

I am looking for some sort of an angle with the religious or medical.

Quoting Lisa009:

My husband works in WI in a hospital in the IT (computer) dept. All employees were told that the "Joint Commission on Accredidation of Healthcare Organizations"(the gov) is making flu vaccines mandatory for ALL hospital/medical facility staff. If my husband does not have this thing by Dec. 1st, he will lose his job or have to wear a mask every minute he is at work, even if he is just in the computer dept. sitting at his desk typing away.

Apparently this is some new thing that just came out making this mandatory and this gov. organization wants this mandate complete by 2014. If you claim a religious objection, you have to have your clergy sign a document to give to the organization. If you claim medical, you have to have a Dr. write out a form for you.

This scares the heck out of me! Please help, we don't want this for anyone in our family.

gmapoohz
    by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM

"I am looking for some sort of an angle with the religious or medical."

Sorry didn't realize - don't know if you have access to legal advice or already consulted an attorney ...

Maybe you can find a sympathetic doctor or clergyperson willing to help, maybe claim something like a sudden allergy to eggs or sudden "religious" experience ..... 

.... wish I had some real help for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)