Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tetanus and pertussis vaccine for adult caregivers?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 518 Total Views
We have chosen not to vaccinate our child at all. Today at my baby's one month checkup, out doctor suggested that all adult caregivers get the tetanus and pertussis vaccine to create a "bubble" for her. What research out there supports this, and what are everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jensep
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Keep your self healthy! Take good vitamins & probiotics! Keeping your immune system strong worlds better than any poison that you could put in your body!
Jensep
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM
We fully non-vax, and if I believe if I wouldn't put it in my child, why would I put it in me! If you keep the host healthy & strong, you'll be in good hands :)
happy2bmom25
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM

we do not get vaccinated ourselves, and we do not get our children vaccinated either. we believe that they do  not work, and that the ingredients in them have no business being injected into our bodies. like the first poster said, live well to be well!

emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Even the CDC admits 'cocooning' is not working and is spreading whooping cough...adults become active carriers of pertussis with this new ineffective vax....if you aren't vaxing your child for obvious reasons, why in the world would you do that to yourself?    The research out there does NOT support this and is showing quite the opposite effect, as in more kids coming down with whooping cough, due to silent adult carriers. 

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, there's no research I know of that supports this. Herd immunity doesn't work, and there is research to support that.
PLUS the pertussis strand going around is not the one in the shot.
PLUS vaccinated people can carry any disease, the sheer concept of vaccines does not prevent someone from carrying and spreading.
PLUS many of the cases of pertussis are happening in vaxxed people.

As for tetanus, that doesn't make sense on any level because it's not contagious. Right?

And what are you going to do when you take babe somewhere outside of the home? Clear the place out or make everyone sign off that they've been vaccinated?

As far as I'm concerned, there's just not much logic there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM

here is an excellent article on this whole debacle

Whooping cough and chameleons.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM
FYI the BEST way to prevent pertussis is to breast feed and baby wear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I just want to make sure I have my vocab right- isn't cocooning the concept of vaxxing a pregnant mom to protect the fetus?

Quoting emmy526:

Even the CDC admits 'cocooning' is not working and is spreading whooping cough...adults become active carriers of pertussis with this new ineffective vax....if you aren't vaxing your child for obvious reasons, why in the world would you do that to yourself?    The research out there does NOT support this and is showing quite the opposite effect, as in more kids coming down with whooping cough, due to silent adult carriers. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

no, it's vaccinating the entire immediate family  that is going to surround the baby, or anyone else...

http://www.preventpertussis.org/provider/cocooning_in_your_practice.php

Quoting jellyphish:

I just want to make sure I have my vocab right- isn't cocooning the concept of vaxxing a pregnant mom to protect the fetus?

Quoting emmy526:

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

emmy526
by New Owner on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

which explains why some newborns are catching pertussis in the hospital and it's not caught in the child until it's too late, because no one thinks to link the two...nurses are carriers too...

Quoting emmy526:

no, it's vaccinating the entire immediate family  that is going to surround the baby, or anyone else...

http://www.preventpertussis.org/provider/cocooning_in_your_practice.php

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting emmy526:

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN