Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Air force & moving overseas

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 216 Total Views
I am very new to this whole military thing so I have a question. My kids are unvaccinated. My boyfriend just got his orders to be stationed in Italy February 2014. By then we plan on no longer being just boyfriend/girlfriend. Has anyone with unvaccinated kids ever done this? Will it matter that my kids are not vaccinated if we move to a foreign country?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM

As far as i know, exemptions apply to dependant of military personnel.  I have heard many a success story with being overseas and not having to give in to orders of getting vaccinated or else...

novachick
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Thank you! I think I'm just going to have to have him ask whoever he needs to because I can't find anything concrete online

Quoting emmy526:

As far as i know, exemptions apply to dependant of military personnel.  I have heard many a success story with being overseas and not having to give in to orders of getting vaccinated or else...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

i know theres a Military Moms group here on CM, and one them had the same issue....and your dh's commanding officer may not likely  know much about exemptions for dependents.  

Quoting novachick:

Thank you! I think I'm just going to have to have him ask whoever he needs to because I can't find anything concrete online

Quoting emmy526:

mommyofblueyes
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We moved to Germany when my son was 10 months, granted he was UTD on vaccines at the time.  We decided to stop vaccinating while we were Overseas, and never had any issues with it.  My 2 year old has no vaccines at all.  I don't think it matters.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN