Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a Vaccine Friendly Doctor around Birmingham, Alabama

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 416 Total Views
I have recently been told by my children's pediatrician that I need to find a new doctor because she will not treat them if they are not vaccinated. Today I got an official letter in the mail stating that I have 30 days. I have no idea what I am supposed to so now. My kids have medicaid and it is already really difficult to find a good doctor because they always tell me ” We aren't accepting any new patients at this time”. I live in Alabaster Alabama, but I am definitely not opposed to driving a little further to receive good quality care from someone who is not trying to shove vaccines down my throat or into my children. If anyone knows of a doctor around here that is vaccine friendly PLEASE let me know. Thank you so much! Melanie
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

call the medicaid number on the back of your card and tell them you need a new dr...they are supposed to help you find one

mamelmel3
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM
They won't help. All they will do is give me a list of name and numbers to call and when I call them, no one is accepting new patients at this time or they aren't accepting any new medicaid patients.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM

how about a family dr or a public health clinic instead?  

mamelmel3
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM
That's actually what I am checking into now, I just hope that I can find one that won't give me hell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)