Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are going to come out and say "there were 2 influenza related pediatric deaths reported" please be more specific. Did these children have other conditions, were they not properly cared for? U can't go around writing such a vague statement without elaborating on WHY these children died. I understand it is a blatant scare tactic, but really.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Replies (11-14):
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, i am  TOTALLY serious..i've worked in and out of nursing homes, and every year, ALL residents were dutifully vaxed as it was supposed to be the 'worst season' and  without a hitch, every year, there was quarantine in the home due to a flu epidemic....great vaccine, isn't it, to cause a flu epidemic in a nursing home.  And, they can't say it wasn't because the residents weren't vaxed.  I recall hearing the bullshit farther back than that, since the 90's actually.  I started counting after i started working in convalescent homes. 

Quoting campinHeather:

Are you serious?!?? I haven't been a parent or an adult who pays attention long enough to know its been that long! I was guessing the last 5 or 6 years!

Quoting emmy526:

i'vebeen hearing that for 12 years now, since i've been counting

Quoting campinHeather:

Just read AGAIN that this is going to be the worst flu season ever and that we all need shots! AGAIN not as is again this year, but as in again EVERY year!! Do people not have memories? We hear this stuff EVERY year, and still have never had a pandemic or epidemic or whatever it is in this country where otherwise healthy people are dying over it. Ugh. Every stinking year!

CheyennesMommy2
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM
I didnt knoe 2 kids died? :( whats the whole story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:08 AM
We don't know. The CDC just came out and said there were 2 pediatric influenza related deaths. HOWEVER... This could mean a whole list of things. These children may have had already compromised immune systems from cancer or another issue, or they may not have been properly cared for while ill... We'll probably never know.
We also won't know if these 2 children recieved the flu vaccine either!!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM

we also don't know if medical malpractice contributed to the deaths either, or neglect from a dr...for all we know those kids were seriously ill to begin with.  I don't think a parent ever really gets the truth when a child dies from sickness or a vaccine reaction. 

Quoting eykelley:

We don't know. The CDC just came out and said there were 2 pediatric influenza related deaths. HOWEVER... This could mean a whole list of things. These children may have had already compromised immune systems from cancer or another issue, or they may not have been properly cared for while ill... We'll probably never know.
We also won't know if these 2 children recieved the flu vaccine either!!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN