Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends are Severely Misinformed

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

One of my friends made a comment on FB how she wasn't going to vax her kid for flu, and the replies were truly astonishing....for a community of people that is supposed to be so oriented towards clean living, they think nothing of injecting themselves and children with chemicals concoctions.   I had no idea my friends were really that ignorant, and are spreading mistruths as well, but i don't feel like I can call them out on their idiocy, kwim?    Now i feel more alienated from some of them too, for their total disregard to parental choice, and their eagerness to parrot what mainstream media says.  

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allinorder
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I dont tell people I dont vaccinate. Its a situation where people have to find out the hardway. I am amazed how many people truley trust there doctors. But when there child gets a vaccine reaction the doctor still wants there money.

emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM

i don't tell people either, unless asked for an opinion... i stayed out of that convo on fb..

Quoting Allinorder:

I dont tell people I dont vaccinate. Its a situation where people have to find out the hardway. I am amazed how many people truley trust there doctors. But when there child gets a vaccine reaction the doctor still wants there money.

emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:16 AM

their idea of providing information to her was to give her a  wiki link, of all things, about Wakefield.  Her sisters child has had seizures most of her 3yr old life---hello?? vaccine damage??? and yet she still injects the poor girl with everything, and mysteriously, her seizures get worse.  Her sis is SO brainwashed it's terrible, and also telling my friend her girl HAS to get the flu shot due to asthma...i informed my friend i have never done flu shots with  my kids, even with the asthma they HAD...youngest one outgrew it...do you think it's cuz his body was never tampered with, and it healed itself due to nothing screwing with his immune system?  I believe it has something to do with it, as well as genetics.  

starinmysky
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I don't think people that vaccinate are ignorant.  I think they just trust our government and assume they are doing the right thing with health care.   I always wondered about vaccines, but still vaccinated my first son on schedule until he was 4 months and had a bad feeling.  Truthfully, had I not noticed him reacting funny afterwards, I probably would have continued.  It's sad, but most people just trust what they are told and don't research until something bad happens.  Sometimes it takes a bad reaction to open people's eyes.  Also, had I not worked with children with autism, I might not have questioned the vaccines as much as I did.  It is frustrating and I also feel alone.  I tell no one about my children's vaccine schedules because a lot of people are judgemental.  It can't hurt to provide people with information, but you are taking a chance, because there are those ignorant people out there. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM

When i say my friends are ignorant, i use that word in the context that they are unknowing of things that revolve around the issue....and to point anyone to some truth, and have them shun it, then that person is just downright closed minded, and there's not point in going any further with discussion.  I can tell from the first few sentences out of their mouth what side of the fence someone is on.   

LClark1973
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Wiki is self edited, even if I find information from there I cross reference it. Dr Wakefield is suing the parties involved in the railroading he suffered. The man who helped author that paper was exonerated and his medical license restored in he UK. 

Quoting emmy526:

their idea of providing information to her was to give her a  wiki link, of all things, about Wakefield.  Her sisters child has had seizures most of her 3yr old life---hello?? vaccine damage??? and yet she still injects the poor girl with everything, and mysteriously, her seizures get worse.  Her sis is SO brainwashed it's terrible, and also telling my friend her girl HAS to get the flu shot due to asthma...i informed my friend i have never done flu shots with  my kids, even with the asthma they HAD...youngest one outgrew it...do you think it's cuz his body was never tampered with, and it healed itself due to nothing screwing with his immune system?  I believe it has something to do with it, as well as genetics.  

emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

my friend has a habit of believing everything she reads, can't discern troll sites from scientific research,  and i certainly did not want her to get the wrong idea cuz some nut told her to read about wakefield...as far as i know, wiki has nothing good to say about him at all.  And my friend would never think on her own to research him  for herself, unfortunately.  

Quoting LClark1973:

Wiki is self edited, even if I find information from there I cross reference it. Dr Wakefield is suing the parties involved in the railroading he suffered. The man who helped author that paper was exonerated and his medical license restored in he UK. 

Quoting emmy526:

LClark1973
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

That happens to be the case with a lot of people sadly. They read one article, and  they are experts. It is scary how blindly people trust the AAP, and the CDC.  They don't understand that they are boards of people who read reports and make decisions based on them.  It scares me to death.

Quoting emmy526:

my friend has a habit of believing everything she reads, can't discern troll sites from scientific research,  and i certainly did not want her to get the wrong idea cuz some nut told her to read about wakefield...as far as i know, wiki has nothing good to say about him at all.  And my friend would never think on her own to research him  for herself, unfortunately.  

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting emmy526:

alyangl2
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I myself dont like to tell people I do not vaccinate because of the fact that they are not educated in what really is in these vaccines. They are all doctrinated into believeing that vaccines are good because they grew up getting vaccines and so did thier parents and so on. But in recent years they keep adding more and more harmful toxins and adding more vaccines to the roster. Its disgusting. My father is an older man, and when he was a kid he recieved like 3 vaccines. Now its quadruple times that... My dad is the healthy person I know. So its all brainwashing, people need to educate themselves but some dont want to. 

coala
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

This is a topic I steer clear of with other people.  If they ask a question I answer, but I don't blasting that inforamtion.  The only people that know about our decisions are our dr, family and a very close friend b/c I wanted her input as another nurse.  She and I talked it out and I pulled out ALL of the research I had done.  She listened and I listened to her.  My SO and I made our decision jointly based on factual information.

I can tell that I have had 2 mild cases of the flu this year from just being exposed to people shedding their germs within 24 hours of getting the shot......I don't like being sick and I don't like having to move away from someone I like b/c they are going to get me ill.  People just don't get, but by the time you know they got their shot it is already to late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN