Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guillain-Barre

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 197 Total Views
Went to the chiropractor. Maddie was "reading" a reasons not to vaccinate pamphlet.
He knows i don't vaccinate, so a small conversation started with us and one of the assistants.
He said they have a baby that goes to him for treatment who just last week got a flu shot (which he tries to get people NOT to do)
Baby is now in hospital with Guillain-Barre. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I had never heard of G-B before I started looking into vaccines. Now I hear about it constantly. Is it on the rise? Maybe I was just not paying attention before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Same here. First i heard of it was those old gardasil commercials saying not to get if you have a history of GB. I looked it up then.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I had never heard of G-B before I started looking into vaccines. Now I hear about it constantly. Is it on the rise? Maybe I was just not paying attention before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM

it's been around for a long time...in the 70's i remember the flu shot being touted as one of the main causes of Guillain-Barre

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Yet they say they're safe grrrr

Quoting emmy526:

it's been around for a long time...in the 70's i remember the flu shot being touted as one of the main causes of Guillain-Barre

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
But is it on the rise is what I was asking, because I hear about it so much more lately and wondering if it is just because I'm paying attention now

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

it very well could be on the rise, since the uptick of flu shots via the CDC flu program, more people are getting the vax, resulting in more cases of GBS...the HPV vax has the risk of GBS too..

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

But is it on the rise is what I was asking, because I hear about it so much more lately and wondering if it is just because I'm paying attention now

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)