Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinating, Sick Baby, and Custody stuff...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

Well i finally got to talk to one of my close friends about not vaccinating...but I really don't know how to feel now. She messaged me on facebook asking me what I do when my girls get sick and I told her though I didn't have much advice. Anyway, then she complains to me that her little girl is always sick.....ugh. The baby will be 5 months on Christmas, and my littlest girl will be 5 months on the 29th, and I have a 2 year old as well. Anyway, she stopped bfing within 24 hours because the latch wasn't right and it hurt her...come to find out her baby is allergic to both normal and soy formula...and is now on prescription formula and is having trouble even getting that since they are having trouble with her insurance. So, her baby is vaccinated on schedule, and I wasn't really going to say much since she didn't care much last time I talked about it before she even got pregnant. Well after she said how sick her baby always is, I just had to talk to her about it. I told her how vaccinated children tend to be sicker and she said she knows that but her baby has to be vaccinated...Why? Well because she is taking her ex-bf, baby daddy, to court next month to get full custody and she doesn't want any reason that they would choose him over her.....This is the guy who was arrested while she was pregnant for possession of meth......ugh. I told her he wouldn't even know and that the court isn't going to go to the extreme to look at the records and see, not to mention she could just push the appointment till feb since the baby shouldn't be vaccinated till on or after the 25th of jan anyway. Plus it would be illegal for them to use her not vaccinating as a reason to give the baby to her druggie ex right? It is her right to not vaccinate right? Her ex hasn't said anything about wanting to and he wouldn't know so it wouldn't be brought up in court right? We are in CA, not really sure that matters or not,lol. Plus, her poor girl is allergic to so much, I'm so worried for her :( Anyway I asked her what about after she gets custody? She said she doesn't know. Well its a start and maybe she'll get custody before the 6 months shots. She said i can give her info, so I plan to try to change her mind with the truth so maybe if not before the 6 month shots, then maybe before the  9 month ones. So basically, do any of you know if her not vaccinating would make a difference in court? Especially since he is a druggie... Any advice I should pass on to her about what to do when her baby is sick, to do about the court and vaccinating...or anything really?I'm glad that she is at least open to getting info, yay!! Hoping she'll come around :) 

Ugh i wish I had some like-minded friends that lived near me so I could ask them for advice too, lol...my only support system is online, my mom, and my SO. This girl is like a sister to me, but I need some other friends..ones that don't vax..no clue how to find any though. Sorry for the big vent, and the mini-vent at the end about no friends, lol.   

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chocolat-smiles
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

bump

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Were they married, if not dad has no access to the medical record. Of she doesn't tell him he went know.

And possession its a big deal. He has very little chance of getting anything but supervised visits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlc91
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

It may matter if he chose to make a big deal.  It all depends on their current custody agreement.  XH has threatened me that he'll take me back to court for more custody if I don't vax DS.  Thus far I've managed to put him off.  If I was your friend I would postpone her DD's appt like you suggested.  Honestly I'd be surprised if her ex would even think to ask about vaxing...

Lilys_Mommy10
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Thank you both. They were never married thankfully. I hope he doesn't get anything but visitation, if that. I doubt he'll even ask really since he hasn't even tried to be in her or the babies life since she was pregnant. I doubt he'd even think to ask even if he had been in their lives...he's kind of a loser and also knows nothing about kids. I'm going to try to get her to postpone it, I hope she will. Good Luck on putting off your XH for longer...its sad that he'd try to do that. I just found out her poor baby was going through 300+ diapers a month from diarrhea and that was with daily ruining outfits since it was so bad, plus she's allergic to most diapers....and her DR suggested nursery water which has flouride in it so that might be contributing to it...my oldest DD had nursery water only once, and she got horrible diaper rash and diarrhea from it..going to tell her that so maybe she'll stop that too. Poor little girl has had yeast infections 2 times, always has diarrhea, and is constantly sick... as well as having allergies to lots of stuff all in her short 5 months of life :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)