• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shingles

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 205 Total Views
I think i have them. So is Maddie going to get chicken pox?
This crap hurts. But maybe she'll get cp. I'm still nursing if that matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I really think it is rare to get chicken pox from the shingles.  I don't know anyone that it has happened to (not that that means anything).  Sure, it could happen.  But I personally, would not be very worried about it.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal. I'd like her to get them.

Quoting micheledo:

I really think it is rare to get chicken pox from the shingles.  I don't know anyone that it has happened to (not that that means anything).  Sure, it could happen.  But I personally, would not be very worried about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

i think she has to come in contact with the rash itself to get infected

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I think emmy is right. You would have to expose her to the rash directly. You could also try sharing a sucker or something, too. My dh had shingles, but my kids didn't get cp. Of course, we kept them separated a lot. Hindsight I wish I had tried to expose them. Oh, well. 

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Maybe somehow she'll just get antibodies and not the cp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lukes-Mom
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM

If you need help with the rash pain try peppermint essential oil. Wish I had discovered it sooner when I had shingles. It is amazing for the pain. Put the essential oil right on the rash.

My son was about 2 years old at the time, he slept right next to me and never got CP.

Mommy2Tara
by New Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM

From what I have read about Shingles, it is not contagious. It is virus laying dormant in the body as a result of having chicken pox. It cannot be passed from one person to the next. It can be brought on by stress along with other things. Thanks for the info on the peppermint essential oil. I will file that in my brain just in case of an outbreak in my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)