Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whooping cough

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 288 Total Views
Hey ladies.. I have a 18 month old who hasnt recieved any vaccines and has also never been sick aside from one ear infection. He is all together very healthy, although, I am concerned, I have the whooping cough. Is there anything that you would suggest that i need to do to prevent him from getting it. I am with him 24/7 so not being around him is not a option. Thank you in advance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mincen
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you feel better soon!

It's good to know how to deal with Whooping Cough. Even fully vaccinated children can have Whooping Cough, so this info should be shared with everyone, not just us non-vaxxers!

"The Vitamin C Treatment of Whooping Cough"

http://vaccinationcouncil.org/media/The-Vitamin-C-Treatment-of-Whooping-Cough.pdf

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Are you nursing?

Also - I agree with the Vitamin C.  That seemed to help our kids the most.  The hardest time for them is at night.  When our 5 month old had it, I slept with him in my arms in a chair.  I also think that helped.  For my daughter (3 at the time), she sometimes slept in her carseat, upright, on her worst nights.

Hang in there!  It's scary, seeing your child choke.  But once they get used to it, you do too and it's just the duration that is wearing.

emmy526
by New Owner on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

there is also this link, and others thru out the forums in this group...good luck...did you have a confirmed diagnosis or is it speculation that you have WC?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/forums/read/15610566/Special_Report_The_Vitamin_C_Treatment_of_Whooping_Cough

girlintheflock
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM

hope you feel better soon.  we are sick in our house as well. vitamin C is the key! 

girlintheflock
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting Mincen:

I hope you feel better soon!

It's good to know how to deal with Whooping Cough. Even fully vaccinated children can have Whooping Cough, so this info should be shared with everyone, not just us non-vaxxers!

"The Vitamin C Treatment of Whooping Cough"

http://vaccinationcouncil.org/media/The-Vitamin-C-Treatment-of-Whooping-Cough.pdf

great article! thanks for sharing it.

Kristin0728
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Vitamin D. I swear by it. 5000-8000iu a day for u, 1000-3000iu a day for him, depending on his weight. They have gummies by vitafusion if you cant get him to chew the pills or gel caps. Keeping the immune system tip top is key. Eating right, helping him get outside and active, etc.

I'd wear a mask, wash hands and clean house, particularily air filters, fans, rugs, couches. I wouldnt use any antibacterial soaps or cleaning products.

Feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1sttimemom2011
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Im feeling much better. Still have the god awful cough, but so far, lil man hasnt got sick. I love having a child with a super strong immune system. ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN