Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vax questions

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 364 Total Views
My DD has beem fully vaxxed up to 6 months + MMR. I really struggled with the decision bit that's what we decided on. After her MMR she developed a peanut allergy. Now I fear her next vax will have peanutoil in it amd set off a bad reaction. For now, were npt vaccinating anymore.

Here are my questions:

What percentage, of any, has her currwnt vaccinations provided? She still needs 1 dtap, 1 polio, 1 HIB, 1 PC, bpth hep A and both varicella (plus the 4 year boosters).

How long can I wait ro give the remaining polio and dtap (req. For school) before its "too late?"
★I've heard people say that if you delay certain ones too long, the child gets too old to be "eligible" for them.

Does anyone have any info on peanut allergy kids having deadly reactions to vaccines? Im so scares that a a vaccine will have it and be injected into her vein s.

I had mpre queations but I can't think of them right now. .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Here's a list of package inserts, you should be able to look up the ingredients here. They will also have info on when a child can receive them.
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

As far as the rest of your questions, bear in mind you're asking a group of women who generally believe vaccines do more harm than good.

I think the way series works (in theory) is that you get a shot and gain immunity, it wears off and a booster is "needed." I think.

I do know that no harm will come from not finishing a series.

GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxXxox
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I thought I'd ask here thonking y'all would have the most knowledge. Also, peanut oil is GRAS and is apparwntly useds as an adjuvant, therefore the vaxx company iisnt required to list it =[
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yup, you'll likely get more helpful responses, I only know what I've posted for you.
I didn't know they don't have to list all the ingredients, wth? I think the dr sears vaccine book might list them, I'll look that up for you in the morning.

Quoting xoxXxox:

I thought I'd ask here thonking y'all would have the most knowledge. Also, peanut oil is GRAS and is apparwntly useds as an adjuvant, therefore the vaxx company iisnt required to list it =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxXxox
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I habe the book and it's not in there. I've searched everyrhing I can think of.. I don't even know if the peanut oil rhing is true - its just what I've read online. Kwim?
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Many adjuvicants in vaccines can cause allergies to other things.  My son was not allergic to latex prior to his reaction and was afterwards, kwim?  He has many many allergies now and some of them are not in vaccines and no one else in the family is allergic to as well.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

there's no way to really tell if the vaccines she's already gotten will provide any protection at all, since the failure rate seems to be so high lately with all the vaccines-MMR, whooping cough, chicken pox, and flu are failures, imo, due to all the vaccinated people contracting this, even after multiple booster shots as well.  I do remember reading some where, that the HepB vax is the one that has the peanut derivatives, for an adjuvant.  You should also be scared of not just anything with a peanut adjuvant, but all the other toxic adjuvants they use as well in ALL the vaccines, not just a few.  No studies have been done to evaluate safety and toxicity in vaccines, and no studies have been done regarding safety of administering multiple vaccines, or combo vaccines, either.    There's a lot more to be scared of in vaccines, than just peanut adjuvants.  Long term effects on the developing body and brain have not been established, nor has real efficacy been shown with today's vaccines.  Here is an updated list of ingredients from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

Feel free to post questions as they come up, and we'll try to answer them.  Good luck.

xoxXxox
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Of course I'm scared of the other ingredients - but this post was just about the peanut allergy thing. I didn't research as much as I should have until now, and we are torn between delayed and selective vaxxing (ie only finishing her polio) but the peanut allergy thing scares me more than polio. KWIM?

Quoting emmy526:

there's no way to really tell if the vaccines she's already gotten will provide any protection at all, since the failure rate seems to be so high lately with all the vaccines-MMR, whooping cough, chicken pox, and flu are failures, imo, due to all the vaccinated people contracting this, even after multiple booster shots as well.  I do remember reading some where, that the HepB vax is the one that has the peanut derivatives, for an adjuvant.  You should also be scared of not just anything with a peanut adjuvant, but all the other toxic adjuvants they use as well in ALL the vaccines, not just a few.  No studies have been done to evaluate safety and toxicity in vaccines, and no studies have been done regarding safety of administering multiple vaccines, or combo vaccines, either.    There's a lot more to be scared of in vaccines, than just peanut adjuvants.  Long term effects on the developing body and brain have not been established, nor has real efficacy been shown with today's vaccines.  Here is an updated list of ingredients from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

Feel free to post questions as they come up, and we'll try to answer them.  Good luck.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

when in doubt, delay, until you are confident with your decision, either way you decide.   Do you know other kids who have peanut allergies?  if so, ask them about their child's allergy, when it was brought on, and did they notice it getting more severe as the child got older, or was it an immediate anyphylactic shock type of reaction to peanuts?   I am not so sure i would bring up vaccines when asking about the peanut allergy,  but just simply say you are looking into more how kids are becoming allergic to peanut/peanut items, and you are concerned for your dd. 

Quoting xoxXxox:

Of course I'm scared of the other ingredients - but this post was just about the peanut allergy thing. I didn't research as much as I should have until now, and we are torn between delayed and selective vaxxing (ie only finishing her polio) but the peanut allergy thing scares me more than polio. KWIM?

Quoting emmy526:

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I've heard that the peanut oil is not a listed ingredient as well. Another thing they don't tell you is that they claim they've taken thimerasol (mercury) out, but they "clean" the vials with it, so it's still in there, too. Off topic, I know. Why are you concerned about polio? The only cases of polio since the late 1970's (can't remember exact year) have been caused by the vaccine. When I was doing research, I was more concerned about Hib and pneumococcal, but after researching learned that the pneumo vax only covers 7 out of almost 100 varieties and the Hib has actually caused infants to get it. Check the laws in your state; in most there are exemptions, so your dd doesn't need any to get into school. Dtap they're trying to get adults to get boosters for, so I don't think it's ever too late to get that one. I'm not sure if there's a "too late" for polio. As for help on the peanut allergy, there's a book, Fraser, H, The Peanut allergy epidemic, Skyhorse 2011, listed on this webpage about peanut allergies. Tim O'Shea has a ton of research on vaccines in general that is awesome, but here's a link to an article on his website about peanut allergies.

http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/allergies/vaccines-and-the-peanut-allergy-epidemic/

Love to share my knowledge, so feel free to ask more questions! :)

Quoting xoxXxox:

joyce6489
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

YOU CAN  GET HER TITERS CHECKED... OLIVIA WAS FULLY VAXED UP UNTIL 3 AND ONLY NEEDED HER 2ND MMR SHOT BY KINDERGARTERN BUT I GOT HER TITERS CHECKED AND SHE WAS IMMUNE SO I DIDNT NEED ANOTHER ONE.. DOCUMENTS PROVIDED TO CONFIRM.. IF U BELIEVE THE ALLERGY WAS CAUSE BY THE SHOT I WOULD STOP ALL TOGETHER... YOU DONT WANT SOMETHING ELSE TO HAPPEN.GOOD LUCK BUT FO WITH YOUR GUT

Olivia Rose & Ryan Lee

~~ The best things that ever happen to me~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN