Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your best 'in a nutshell' answer?

Posted by   + Show Post
When someone asks you why you don't vaccinate, weather it be a doctor or a family member, what's your nutshell answer? I always kind of struggle with this because the issue is so big and deep and tall.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Replies (21-25):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

at that point, i would have saId, 'then why are you using an outdated example that doesn't apply to today's definition of circulating diseases?'  i bet then he be stumped....lol...

Quoting ceckyl:

He would probably just equate the absence of diptheria with herd immunity or something equally dumb.

Quoting emmy526:

and then did you ask him when the last case of diptheria was in his office? That would shut him up too....

Quoting ceckyl:

That is actually exactly what I said to this idiot intern last week and his response was, "well... The amount isn't, like, THAT bad compared to getting diptheria."

He was really hung up on diptheria!

Quoting healthgirl38:

"Because I don't believe injecting my children with mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and monkey kidney tissue will make them healthy."

This one even shut my doctor up!

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
You're good. Lol. I need to get wittier.

Quoting emmy526:

at that point, i would have saId, 'then why are you using an outdated example that doesn't apply to today's definition of circulating diseases?'  i bet then he be stumped....lol...

Quoting ceckyl:

He would probably just equate the absence of diptheria with herd immunity or something equally dumb.

Quoting emmy526:

and then did you ask him when the last case of diptheria was in his office? That would shut him up too....

Quoting ceckyl:

That is actually exactly what I said to this idiot intern last week and his response was, "well... The amount isn't, like, THAT bad compared to getting diptheria."

He was really hung up on diptheria!

Quoting healthgirl38:

"Because I don't believe injecting my children with mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and monkey kidney tissue will make them healthy."

This one even shut my doctor up!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoyXtwo
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I don't agree with the testing, I don't agree with the politics, I dont agree with the chemicals they use to make them. The whole process just doesn't work for me :)
JoyXtwo
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quoting ceckyl:

I like how ballsy you are!
BEXi
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

We dont believe in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)