Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling a lot better :)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 233 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I'm sure you remember my post from the other day about my anxiety attack about vaccines. I'm doing some research and feeling a lot better. My SO is researching with me and he said "A lot of vaccines seem... pointless." That helps me feel a lot better too, because he's usually one to straight JUMP on medicine. Thanks for your help, everyone :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Yay!! I agree with your so too. When I was researching I found myself thinking a lot "why are people afraid of this disease?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

He also said "I understand now." In reference to me showing him why I don't want to give the vaccines, and it was best thing he could have said.

Some of the complications are a bit scary, such as orchitis from mumps (because I have a boy) but it's treatable if caught and rare. And there are many other "risk factors" for it.

But I'm feeling really strong in my decision to not give any more vaxes- he did already get some, and I feel bad, but NO MORE.

Quoting jellyphish:

Yay!! I agree with your so too. When I was researching I found myself thinking a lot "why are people afraid of this disease?"

CafeMom Tickers
jlc91
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quoting NowImAMom...:

He also said "I understand now." In reference to me showing him why I don't want to give the vaccines, and it was best thing he could have said.

Some of the complications are a bit scary, such as orchitis from mumps (because I have a boy) but it's treatable if caught and rare. And there are many other "risk factors" for it.

But I'm feeling really strong in my decision to not give any more vaxes- he did already get some, and I feel bad, but NO MORE.

Quoting jellyphish:

I talked to DS' ped about mumps b/c I was worried, too.  He said it's so rare and usually only one testicle is affected.  He's chosen not to vax his own kids so I feel comfortable now in not ever getting DS the MMR.

NowImAMom...
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Good to know! Thanks for a little more reassurance :)

Quoting jlc91:

Quoting NowImAMom...:

Quoting jellyphish:

I talked to DS' ped about mumps b/c I was worried, too.  He said it's so rare and usually only one testicle is affected.  He's chosen not to vax his own kids so I feel comfortable now in not ever getting DS the MMR.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)