Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help answer this one please

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17880542/Getting_the_Measles_Is_Good_for_You_New_Kids_Book_Puts_Pro_Vax_Moms_on_the_Warpath_Do_you_think_this?ct=acc_featured

I just saw this and it boiled my blood!!!!  I am not so good at remaining PC so if somoene would comment and keep me out of trouble I would love to see their answers.

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine:

Why not? There's pro-vax agendas pushed on kids all the time. If we want the decision left to adults we should leave BOTH sides left to adults.
I also think its a good thing to teach kids that getting sick isn't so scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

that book has actually been out for quite some time, there's a link on here to it too....i can't help but wonder who is perusing our forums and cherry picking the most debateable topics, and then painting them in the wrong light. 

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

So it's okay for media to encourage kids to get their vaccinations, but it's not okay for a book like this one? Sid, the Science Kid had a episode on getting vaxed and how it's good for them. It really made me angry!

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM

yes, it's okay for media to  be vax pushers, but it's not okay for an independent artist to paint a reality picture in a kids book..mainstream medi can do whatever it wants, whether it's truthful or not..smh....some adults can't handle the truth...a book like that back in the 40's and 50's wouldn't have been given a second look, because measles was the norm back then

Quoting Ichthus:

So it's okay for media to encourage kids to get their vaccinations, but it's not okay for a book like this one? Sid, the Science Kid had a episode on getting vaxed and how it's good for them. It really made me angry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)