Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 pediatric deaths from the flu??

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 768 Total Views
Im kinda freaked out by that. Anyone know the details, like preexisting conditions and what not.

Were not exsposed as much as others, im a sahm again(got fired from the hospital)..im36 weeks pregnant and huge..id rather not go anywhere!! But it still freaks me out when the news (foxnews) blasts 18 kids have died!

I think they have some flu immunity, maybe im wrong but I had the flu when I was pregnant with my 20 m/o, and my 3 1/2 year old had the flu at the same time.

Oh and wow fox is REALLY using the scare tactic for pushing the flu vaccine...im cautious of my kids getting it, but not enough to pump them full of chemicals. Geesh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rishsticks
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I'd like more info too. I know so many people freaking over the flu -- most of them very natural minded -- and they're running to get vaxxed. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

FOX is notorious for biased reporting...msm at its finest

CheyennesMommy2
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Really? Nonvaxxing ppl getting vaxxed? :( scary. Its bad this year. Of course they say the peak is in 3 weeks.

Im due in 3 weeks!!! :( I breastfeed and we completely stay at home after babys born. But dh works with alot of amish and they pass stuff around like crazy.

Quoting rishsticks:

I'd like more info too. I know so many people freaking over the flu -- most of them very natural minded -- and they're running to get vaxxed. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rishsticks
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Really? Nonvaxxing ppl getting vaxxed? :( scary. Its bad this year. Of course they say the peak is in 3 weeks.

Im due in 3 weeks!!! :( I breastfeed and we completely stay at home after babys born. But dh works with alot of amish and they pass stuff around like crazy.

Quoting rishsticks:

No not non-vaxers. I am not too worried. My DD has been getting lots of vitamin c, d, and probiotics. Maybe I'm crazy. 

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

CheyennesMommy2
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Ohh I see. How old is your dd? What do you give her to help her get all those? My kids are 3 1/2years & 20 months ..i dont even know where to begin getting them all that!

Quoting rishsticks:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting rishsticks:

No not non-vaxers. I am not too worried. My DD has been getting lots of vitamin c, d, and probiotics. Maybe I'm crazy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyXtwo
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Don't let the media scare you. Just use them to prepare yourself. My kids are 6, 4 and 1, and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. My kids all take kinder vital which is a liquid multi, with noticeable health benefits. My ds, whose in school, was sick all the time last year, since the kinder vital only once, and now my two oldests are in school full time. We also take the nutra sea with vitamin D.

We did however all have the flu this year, including my DH. It was a nasty chest infection, my chest felt like it was full of hot sand, and I was tired tired tired. 2 days in bed. But NO deaths. I didn't even mention it at my prenatal apt.

My DH and kids took olive leaf extract, which is an AWSOME lung and chest antiviral. I didn't take it, because it also relaxes you capillaries and blood vessels and I have really bad pregnancy induced varicose veins.So they all got better before me :( but still no big deal. Not worth the shot.

All health food stores should carry that. Even the new grocery stores here carries it.
Good luck !
starinmysky
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I give my kids (5 and 2) probiotics, cod liver oil, vitamin d and a multi-vitamin everyday.  I'm really not that worried about it.  I also am a fanatic about them washing their hands as soon as we get home from a play-ground or public place.   If you look on Dr. Mercola's site, he has info on how to prevent the flu. 

CheyennesMommy2
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Thank you.

But im scared my 3 1/2 yr old may have it. Shes been sleeping all day, her temp is 103.2, she wakes up and just sits, wont eat, I can get her to drink but she wont drink alot. I got her cold ice water. Idk what else to do, but the sleeping all day

Quoting starinmysky:

I give my kids (5 and 2) probiotics, cod liver oil, vitamin d and a multi-vitamin everyday.  I'm really not that worried about it.  I also am a fanatic about them washing their hands as soon as we get home from a play-ground or public place.   If you look on Dr. Mercola's site, he has info on how to prevent the flu. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My dad keeps asking if we've had the vax. If ds coughs or sneezes my dad talks about him needing to go to the hospital! Smh...

While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby.  ~Amy Spangler

Jlee4249
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
A few years back when the H1N1 was hot, they were listing off deaths locally, at least, blamed on the H1N1virus. Turns out that each one of the four local victims were wicks with something else when their already compromised immune system contracted the virus (H1N1).
I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening here. Otherwise, one must ask, why isn't those stupid flu vaxes working?
Also, you must consider, if a vax is supposed to help your body create antibodies against three of the 20-something flu strands, why on earth don't they just make the flu vax into a schedule like everything else? By year's end eeryone's will be "immunized" against all 20-somethig strands of the virus. Duh.... Oh, wait! I forgot, that would affect their bottom line, not to mention they would finally be exposed for the ineffectiveness of vaccines when everyone and their mother keeps getting the flu!

My youngest (2) had a runny nose for about four days. I had the gross sick feeling for three days and now we're all fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)