Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 pediatric deaths from the flu??

Im kinda freaked out by that. Anyone know the details, like preexisting conditions and what not.

Were not exsposed as much as others, im a sahm again(got fired from the hospital)..im36 weeks pregnant and huge..id rather not go anywhere!! But it still freaks me out when the news (foxnews) blasts 18 kids have died!

I think they have some flu immunity, maybe im wrong but I had the flu when I was pregnant with my 20 m/o, and my 3 1/2 year old had the flu at the same time.

Oh and wow fox is REALLY using the scare tactic for pushing the flu vaccine...im cautious of my kids getting it, but not enough to pump them full of chemicals. Geesh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Replies (21-25):
HiNeedNiki
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Ladies ur kids will be fine. The unvaxed are healthiest remember? I understand... I was so scared when i caught it last week coz i have asthma and was hospitalized two years ago. Then i gave it to my daughters, 4 and 2. They had high persistent fever and vomited a lot the first day/night. But as the fever peaked i gave them ibuprofen and since fevers went down i didn't worry much after that. 2 bad days and my 4 year old wanted to go to the playground next day, my younger one is also recovered. Flu shmu.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I've heard 18 pediatric pt, I've heard 18 in Massachusetts, I've heard 18 nation wide of various ages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:04 AM

18 must be the key number the media is using this year

Quoting kitty8199:

I've heard 18 pediatric pt, I've heard 18 in Massachusetts, I've heard 18 nation wide of various ages.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

babies101
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quoting jlc91:

Quoting emmy526:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/us-flu-season/index.html

here is one of the many stories about it....it doesn't say whether or not the kids were vaxed...but i suspect these kids had underlying issues, and who's to say they didnt' acquire a secondary infection in the hospital, and die from that instead of actually flu related complications. 

EXACTLY!  The 15 year old who died in MI was featured in an article I read yesterday.  Turns out he really died from a Staph infection!  But the title of the article said "Teen dies from the flu."  UGH!

The local news said he first got the flu then pneumonia and then staph infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)