Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neurodegenerative disorder? update #1 in comments

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
I am saddened as I sit here and look at my son. Jaxson just turned 19 months and Is a very smart kid but the past few months he seems to developmentally be going backwards. :( he started reaching milestones early. Crawling at 3 months walking at 8.5 months and saying lots of words by a year. Well here we are at a year and a half and no words. At first his doctor thought he was just being shy but other little things he was able to do before are now lost. For example, giving a high five, or eating with a spoon, or waving bye bye. Today I recieved the news that he may have a disorder that causes him to go backwards. We will be having testing done. But the thing that sucks the most is that instead of being supportive, she mentioned that she knew I should have been vaccinating for a reason.. (he hasnt recieved any vaccines) now I feel like a awful mom. Should I have been vaccinating even tho I have done tons of research. I am just so upset. Jaxson was a very active baby. He loved to run and play, but now I catch him crawling more and more. Any one have any advice for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I think i'd ditch that bitch PRONTO for being SO rude to you and to put fear in you like that calls for letters of complaint written to the appropriate people, ASAP!....how DARE she sumise you did the wrong thing!!!!  The thing is, if you vaccinated your son, it could have been serious life long problems, starting at two months, and that idiot has NO way of knowing whether or not your son could tolerate it.  Drs like that make me SO mad, i practically see red!!     As if vaccines can PREVENT a neuro disorder.....smh...of all the stupid things i've read lately that people say about vaccines, what she said takes the cake!!!...... i'd SURELY  get a second opinion if i were you, and find a new dr tomorrow, if possible.   Please keep us posted. 

Quote:

But the thing that sucks the most is that instead of being supportive, she mentioned that she knew I should have been vaccinating for a reason..

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no "vax" for neurological disorders.  I'd report her asap as well.

jlc91
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

First of all, I'm sorry that you guys are going through this.  I hope that things turn out okay for your son. 

No vaccine could've prevented a neurological disorder.  Like PPs said, what she said to you was totally inappropriate and I don't think you should go back there.

BEXi
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Vaccines wouldnt have prevented that. A DOCTOR said that?

sweetangie79
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I have a neuro disorder and my doctor told me the day I found out to NEVER get another vaccine, as there are neuro toxins in them and the vaccines can make it worse.

1sttimemom2011
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for all your kind thoughts.. yes a dr said that to me. She was my pedi when I was growing up so I automatically chose her. She hounds me every time I come in because we dont go to the dr unless he is sick, (which was twice and the last few times because of his "developmental delays" ) about vaccinating. She told me she doesn't allow patients that dont vaccinate because our children are a risk to the other children but she is "letting" me stay because I was a family friend. (I was fully vaccinated :() anyways. I am ready to move somewhere more understanding. I am really upset by this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1sttimemom2011
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Oh, and she makes us sit in the high risk room while we are waiting. That room is supposed to be for newborns, but she thinks since he has a "suppressed immune system" we should be high risk! It pisses me off because my son is the healthiest kid I know!!! Urggg

I have made an appointment for him to be seen by a neurologist. They dont have an opening until april 16th so I will let u all know then. :)

Quoting 1sttimemom2011:

Thanks for all your kind thoughts.. yes a dr said that to me. She was my pedi when I was growing up so I automatically chose her. She hounds me every time I come in because we dont go to the dr unless he is sick, (which was twice and the last few times because of his "developmental delays" ) about vaccinating. She told me she doesn't allow patients that dont vaccinate because our children are a risk to the other children but she is "letting" me stay because I was a family friend. (I was fully vaccinated :() anyways. I am ready to move somewhere more understanding. I am really upset by this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Um wow!!

My first thought was what Emmy said and my second thought was what nicki said and my third what jlc said. Seriously, who knows how much worse NEUROTOXINS would make a NEUROlogical issue!

Please look for a new ped. And file a big fat complaint.

Hugs. I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

DEF look for a new pedi..that one does NOT have your son's best interests at heart, just her wallet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)