Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You dont know if he had the vaccine?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

I just saw a CMer say this about the chicken pox vaccine:

"I believe he has had the vaccine. I'd have to look has his record"

This scares me.. im assuming she's one of the vaxers who just nod their head yes to the doctor when faced with a needle.

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

typical and SO common in today's parents....simply "trust the almighty white coat, because, after all, he knows so much more than i do" is the mentality...and, 'after all, they went to school for it'....yes, they went to school and were indoctrinated into pushing pharma on everyone due to the lucrative perks the pharma reps paid him.  

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was allowing my kids to be vaccinated, I knew that one of the vaccines was for the chicken pox. I remember thinking, "Why would they need a vaccine for chicken pox? I'm not going to let them get that one." Well, the pharma name for the disease is Varicella. When they handed me the sheet at the office visit, I didn't pay attention, so my kids got the first dose. Growing up my parents vaxed me, I read all the articles in Parent Magazine and Reader's Digest, and as a new parent I thought the doctors knew what was best. I never questioned it. I understand where these moms are at. That's why I keep commenting on vaccine posts, posting stuff on Facebook, and having conversations when given the opportunity. I hope to open someone's eyes like mine were opened. There was a post a day or two ago that I was following. A mom posted something about how she didn't ever question it until she started to see all the vaccine debates going on CM, and she wanted to know what the big deal was. Another mom (probably in this group) led her to the CDC website ingredient list. The poor thing was horrified, like I was, when she realized what she had allowed into her child. Another mom's eyes opened because someone shared in a respectful manner!

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:19 AM

i agree...simply pointing out scientific facts, in a calm rational manner,  is much more effective than name calling or telling someone they're an idiot for vaxing....that's why when someone counters my answers with a personal attack, they get scientific facts back at them, or CDC quotes, altho even sometimes CDC quotes are taken as lies by some of these parents...yet if their dr showed them the CDC quotes, they'd be bowing down to them.  Very hypocritical.  

Quoting Ichthus:

When I was allowing my kids to be vaccinated, I knew that one of the vaccines was for the chicken pox. I remember thinking, "Why would they need a vaccine for chicken pox? I'm not going to let them get that one." Well, the pharma name for the disease is Varicella. When they handed me the sheet at the office visit, I didn't pay attention, so my kids got the first dose. Growing up my parents vaxed me, I read all the articles in Parent Magazine and Reader's Digest, and as a new parent I thought the doctors knew what was best. I never questioned it. I understand where these moms are at. That's why I keep commenting on vaccine posts, posting stuff on Facebook, and having conversations when given the opportunity. I hope to open someone's eyes like mine were opened. There was a post a day or two ago that I was following. A mom posted something about how she didn't ever question it until she started to see all the vaccine debates going on CM, and she wanted to know what the big deal was. Another mom (probably in this group) led her to the CDC website ingredient list. The poor thing was horrified, like I was, when she realized what she had allowed into her child. Another mom's eyes opened because someone shared in a respectful manner!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN