Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu Hype this year the worst i've ever seen

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 704 Total Views

I think the hype about the flu and flu shot this year, is the WORST i have EVER seen in all my years of tracking this bullshit in the fall and winter.   Definitely since they are now making nurses get vaccinated, that alone has made news...now all the fearmonging is going full force, and bullying by drs too, on getting the shot.  I'm really getting sick of it, and this is just the beginning!!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I will have to say, this is also the worst I have seen the flu. So many habe been down for weeks and many more have also gotten pneumonia. I wonder if our warm winter has made it worse?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think so...our winters here have been really mild for the last two years, and no outbreak like what's going on now...i think it has to do with the flu shot itself, that people are getting...if they get a mild form of the flu, then everyone they come into contact with, could potentially come down with the flu, too....how else would so many people be  contracting it?  Then those people who caught it from some one who got the vax,  will pass it on to others, and so on and so on.....and even those who got the shot and had no symptoms immediately, are now down with the flu...and i have another question i have yet to see an answer to...If i already had swine flu, and type A flu, how likely is it i'll catch the same thing again? I would think i now have antibodies to those strains, unless they have mutated from what i had gotten sick with.   And then, i think in that case, i'll most likely end up with a mild form, if any at all (hopefully)...we are all keeping up with precautionary measures, such as  lots of vit c, d and zinc, plenty of rest,  stress reduction, staying out of crowds, going to the grocery store early in the morning, before all the goods get germiated by everyone,  and lots of handwashing.  

Quoting micheledo:

I will have to say, this is also the worst I have seen the flu. So many habe been down for weeks and many more have also gotten pneumonia. I wonder if our warm winter has made it worse?

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Liz132
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I wonder if more people are seeing through this charade and not getting flu vaxs. They are really desperate to get the vax numbers up.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Ha ha. Someone I know has been sick all winter. One flu/cold after another. Her doctor will not give her the flu shot until she has been well for two weeks. She is really hoping to make it so she can get the shot.

Quoting Liz132:

I wonder if more people are seeing through this charade and not getting flu vaxs. They are really desperate to get the vax numbers up.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liz132
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

SMH, well at least her doc isn't pushing the vaccine that hard. Usually it's "oh you're sick?" sticks um anyway "vaccines are 100% safe and effective!"

Quoting micheledo:

Ha ha. Someone I know has been sick all winter. One flu/cold after another. Her doctor will not give her the flu shot until she has been well for two weeks. She is really hoping to make it so she can get the shot.

Quoting Liz132:

starinmysky
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I don't get it either.  Where I'm from, a lot of people are getting the Flu, but what's the big deal?   I can't take the media anymore. It's really getting sick and abnormal.  They want to scare everyone and make people paranoid. 

babies101
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM

There are different strains of the flu so you won't wind up getting the same one twice. I know it is going around here pretty bad and there has been 4 pediatric deaths and last year was so mild, I wonder if it had to do with the crazy weather.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

we have been having crazy weather for a few years now in my area, new england, and no outbreaks or epidemics like i am seeing now all over the states.....funny, the states around Ct are declaring epidemics and emergencies, yet ct's flu outbreak is only moderate....no real epidemic yet.  hopefully there won't be...but who knows..i think my dd has it now, and if it isn't, it's one helluva nasty virus

Quoting babies101:

There are different strains of the flu so you won't wind up getting the same one twice. I know it is going around here pretty bad and there has been 4 pediatric deaths and last year was so mild, I wonder if it had to do with the crazy weather.

Kristin0728
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a thought that the new intra-dermal vaccine might be causing more cases of flu. This is a pretty bad season and it's the first one I've ever seen with commercials for the flu vaccine. Does anyone know if this is a live virus vaccine? That and they are really pushing the nasal as a great alternative to the shot. 

I always like to walk into a store and tell my children, "Wipe off the cart, you don't know who's dirty and vaccinated here. You wouldn't want to get the flu!"  OR "Here's some hand sanitizer. They vaccinate people in the pharmacy for all kinds of nasty things." hahaha you should see the looks I get. I thnk I might be brain washing my kids though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)