Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu Hype this year the worst i've ever seen

Posted by   + Show Post

I think the hype about the flu and flu shot this year, is the WORST i have EVER seen in all my years of tracking this bullshit in the fall and winter.   Definitely since they are now making nurses get vaccinated, that alone has made news...now all the fearmonging is going full force, and bullying by drs too, on getting the shot.  I'm really getting sick of it, and this is just the beginning!!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Replies (11-14):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I seriously think there is something extra poisonous about the vax this year. In my small town, 3 people I know personally have had a serious issue after getting the vax. One mans pancreas became inflamed, and 2 people had swelling around their heart! One of them was 21 and was at high risk for a heart attack. 21 year olds don't just have a heart attack.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dakojayd88
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I wonder what the big deal is too. I mean I don't ever remember people getting so hyped up about the flu when i was a kid. It seems like they are just going way overboard. What next, vaccines for colds?  

dakojayd88
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I don't want to sound like a conspearicy theorist but, some would say its population control.

snowangel1979
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
LOL I did the same thing with my DS last night. Wiped off the cart, told him try not to touch too much because people are getting the vax here. We washed our hands as soon as we walked in the house. We went at night.

I won't even take my DD in anywhere that's giving the flu shot or mist. She's 21 months and doesn't understand not to touch everything and don't put your hands in your mouth.

I really think them giving the mist is spreading it like crazy. It's a live virus. The first thing you do when something is put up your nose is sneeze or wipe/play with you nose. Then you go about your shopping and touch the cart and everything with it on your hands.

Quoting Kristin0728:

I had a thought that the new intra-dermal vaccine might be causing more cases of flu. This is a pretty bad season and it's the first one I've ever seen with commercials for the flu vaccine. Does anyone know if this is a live virus vaccine? That and they are really pushing the nasal as a great alternative to the shot. 

I always like to walk into a store and tell my children, "Wipe off the cart, you don't know who's dirty and vaccinated here. You wouldn't want to get the flu!"  OR "Here's some hand sanitizer. They vaccinate people in the pharmacy for all kinds of nasty things." hahaha you should see the looks I get. I thnk I might be brain washing my kids though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN