Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do to avoid getting sick?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
With all the flu scare crap going around I get nervous. We are new to the non vax world. My DD is 7 and has pretty bad asthma. She was fully vaxed until age 5. My DS is 3 and has never had a single vax. My DD gets sick pretty often and has to use her breathing machine more often than I like. We wash our hands as much as possible and take a multi vitamin but besides that is there anything else we can boost our immune systems with to avoid the flu or at least have an easier time with it. I just worry with the asthma. Thanks for any info!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

extra vit c d zinc, lots of rest, plenty of vegetables, and probiotics and as less stress as possible...

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I eat well and my kids and I get lots of mangos and mushrooms.
Also avoiding chemicals in the home (like Lysol and cleaners) and using homemade cleaners is great.
Vinegar is a fantastic safe, natural disinfectant. But even better are essential oils who can keep everything clean while boosting your immune system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

and stay out of  crowded places....i go to the store first thing in the am bef0re many ppl are there to germiate the place and goods there

Jensep
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Probiotics, multi vitamins, eating healthy...when something is going around or we have been exposed to a sickness we use florastore & sovereign silver as an immune booster!!!

Staylor0384
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Hand washing, lots of fruit and veggies and water, plenty of time outside, breastfeeding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Vit D is great for keeping the flu away!!!  Last winter was the first time we started taking it and we had a MUCH healthier winter.  Now, when stuff is going around I give the kids 2000 IU.  On a daily basis they take 1000 and I take 5000.

Kristin0728
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Stay away from vaxed kids. Seriously. If ur kids go to day care or school, make sure they wash their hands, dont share personal items, and know to steer clear of the ones that cough. We went to visit dh's cousin, his daughter had 6 vaxes in one day a week prior to our visit and had been running a fever and had a nasty cough for 15 days! Sure enough, as soon as we got home, each one of us had a round of it. But since we dont vax, it lasted 4 days in me, 2 days in my daughter, 1 day my son and 5 days for hubby. Its the first time weve been sick in almost 2 years! Also the first time we hung around a freshly vaccinated kid. So watch it. Those kids can be walking diseases, literally! (no offense to your son, im sure you have your hands full and id be stressed and worried all the time!)

Other than that, I give my kids at least 1000iu vitamin D per day. My son will chew the gel caps, I had to find gummies for my daughter. Vitafusion makes them.
I avoid dairy. I try to give them hormone/antibiotic free if they want it. Tillamook is great.
Avoid meat, especially beef. We eat it once or twice a week. Lunch meat and things with nitrates like hot dogs are big no nos. if we want something like bacon, for example, we get nitrate free, uncured, raised natural. Meat rots in your body, literally. Ever notice a nasty armpit smell? Its animal products. Your body may be able to break it down, but it has a hard time, especially with today's industrialized meats. Your intestines are important for good bacteria and immune health.
Eat lots of salad varieties. Who needs a multivitamin when you have the real thing? Go organic. Im a strong believer that the polio epidemic was caused by ddt. What do you think pesticides do to your gut and immune system?
Drink water. I cant understand why juice and milk are the standard these days. Its junk food to me. I give my kids distilled water and fizzy mineral water. Distilled water if free of chlorine, flouride and other immune damaging chemicals and impurities. Problem is, your body needs mineral deposits. You can get them from veggies but a great source is purified mineral water like perier or pelligreno.
Avoid the microwave. Infact, I threw mine away! Want to nuke all the nutritional value in your food? I dont. But thats what happens when you microwave. Get sick yearly by eating food thats been robbed of its nutrition. Plus you get the chemicals of the packaging you used and exposure to emfs and waves.
I put my kids outside daily. This should be a no brainer, but some parents dont do it. I also dont let them watch a lot of tv. Activity and exercise get the immune system going.
I dont use antibacterial soap. Whats an immune system for if you never let it get exposed to bacteria? It wont know what to do when you finally do catch something. Bacteria can be good!
A lot of parents have all these tricks but the above are really all I do. If youre not treating your body right first, downing vitamin c is like spraying fabreeze on poop.

For your son, id seek a naturopath or hollistic MD to start cleansing his body and reversing the damage. I'd try a bentonite routine with him. Its volcanic ash that clings to the heavy metals and toxins in your body so you can elliminate them. Its a liquid you can buy at health stores.

Good luck, be well!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danita42
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Bone broth, kefir, juicing, elderberry syrup. If we start to feel something come I n we take a oz or two of master tonic, wipes it right out. Master tonic link provided.

http://heal-thyself.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2814160%3ABlogPost%3A10555

Sorry I cant make it clicky.
CafeMom Tickers
angelbabies14
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM

We all are supplemented with Vit C, D and probiotics ( kids and I) I also take B12 for myself. We eat extremely healthy and wash hands:) 

bren_darlene
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I take a good multi (buy mine from Swansons) and take a spoon of local raw honey with cinnamon mixed in daily year round. During winter I also make sure to wash my hands often (especially if I go to town) and I take extra D3 (I use cream but they also have pills).  Also be sure you eat healthy. Real food, not junk.  I also eat organic as much as possible (stay away from GMO's and chemicals as much as possible).   It works for us as it has been 13 yrs (as of this past Dec) since I have had so much as a cold.  It has been 7 or 8 years for my DH.   :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN