Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yellow Fever and Typhoid

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

XH is going to be getting the yellow fever and typhoid vax.  (He has to get them, no way around it.)  He wanted to know if he needs to avoid seeing DS for any amount of time after getting them.  The Vaccine Book has very little to say about either of them, other than YF is definitely live and the oral typhoid vax is live (not sure about the injectable or which one he'll be getting).  They're also trying to force him to get anthrax but he had a reaction to the first anthrax vax years ago so he's hoping to avoid that series.

Anyway, I know I can do some research if I have to, but I was wondering if any of you were familiar with these vax and how long they shed.  Thanks!

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have him stay away. When I was active duty there was a child that came down with YD because the Active duty person was vaccinated. The anthrax he shouldn't have to get. He should tell them to look in his medical record for proof of it. That happened to me and I got out of it. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I would keep them apart for awhile since the vaccines are live.

jlc91
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Thanks, everyone.  I will definitely keep him away, but I'm trying to figure out for how long.  I have to say that YF vax sounds NASTY!  And the military info sheet on it is laughable at how they blow off the possible side effects.  UGH!  My big problem is I'm only finding government sponsored info.  And the one CDC article I could find that even mentioned shedding of course said it's not a concern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN