Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I need to cancel my appointment because I got a flu shot."

Posted by   + Show Post

So, it's my second week on the job. I do scheduling and other randomness for a permanent makeup artist. I've already had THREE phone calls to cancel appointments because they got sick, VERY sick from receiving a flu shot. The one today even said, "I didn't know you could have a reaction to a flu shot" and I said, "Well, of course, you can die. Some people just can't have them. Let get you in on Wednesday."

I'm shocked that there are individuals out there who don't even know you can have a reaction! Even a small one! This is the first patient I went off at the mouth with. I probably shouldn't give my two cents. But seriously? No one told this woman that she could get a fever? She could get sick? I mean, at the minimum this should be said. I get that they don't go into the siezures, brain damage and death thing, but really? No one told you that you can get sick from a flu shot? WHO THE EFF DID YOU GET IT FROM?!

I want to know two things: 1. How many of you hear that someone got sick from a flu shot and 2. Do you think the high numbers of flu this season are partially, if not mainly, in people who received flu shots?

So on the news today, theres this quack talking about how theres still time to prevent the flu. He's saying stuff like there's no scientific evidence that shows high amounts of vitamin c or any vitamin will prevent flu or shorten it's duration. The only way to prevent it is by using antibacterial soap and getting a flu shot. Then he goes on to say that if you get the flu, or any illness, shortly after receiving the shot, it's not because of the vaccine, it's because you were exposed to the illness before the vaccine became effective. NO ONE CAN GET THE FLU FROM A FLU VACCINE. Then he says it's a shame vaccines are not mandatory for school children because it would prevent the spread of diseases to adults!  I  had to stop watching. That is SO annoying! 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-24):
DragonBoy2012
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Oh, i am sooo mad and infuriated with people who totally belive in vavccines!!! Really, they will willingly inject harmful substanced into their body? I am raising my DS, as well i am with him 98% of the time, and my point is ...at 11months young, i continue to talk to him about nutrients, minerals and share positive words about how strong his body is and how we wont EVER EVER VAC HIM, and i inform him that his immune system is strong and vitamins and minerals from our veggies assist his body. yes he is only 11 monthd, and yes i talk with him no baby talk. and yes, i also informed him if Anyone or Granma C yries to vaccinate him, he a) tells them ABSOLUTRLY NO and B) he run away as fasy as he can and C) He tells me about it *7 i hope this never happens, but then again i dont trust my own moth et, who still belives in vax, she is also hospital staff ...brainwashed bahh
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

CT DID make them mandatory this year

ilovemybabiez
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
My mom got the flu shot because her doctor pretty much told her she was stupid if she didn't. Well, that night she got very sick with a fever, headache, body aches and diarrhea. It lasted 24 hours. She called the doctor and they said it had nothing to do with the flu shot. I told her she needs to find a new doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kristin0728
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

my grandma got extremely ill from the flu shot and the doctor actually told her it was because of the flu shot! So I'm thinking, right on doc! Then she tells me he told her she MUST get the pneumonia shot because if she got the flu, pneumonia would kill her. WOW. I love the logic. Have a reaction? Get a stronger shot. Have a reaction? It must mean the real thing would surely cause complications and you will die. Of course! Why didn't I think of that! 

Quoting ilovemybabiez:

My mom got the flu shot because her doctor pretty much told her she was stupid if she didn't. Well, that night she got very sick with a fever, headache, body aches and diarrhea. It lasted 24 hours. She called the doctor and they said it had nothing to do with the flu shot. I told her she needs to find a new doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN