Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hep B

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 323 Total Views
My son was born at 38 weeks. He was given the Hep B at birth & then again at one of his pedi appointments, I believe it was his 4 week check up. In the midst of all of this, I was a mess. This is my first child. He came through emergency csection. And prior to his birth/following his birth, I had not done my research. Just before his 2 month shots appointment, I did my research & with my family's medical history finally came to the realization that I am not for vaccinating my son at all. I really, with all of my heart, regret the shots now that I know what I do, I wish I could take it all back :(
My question is... will he be okay if I allowed the 2 Hep B shots & then completely stopped? I don't plan on ever continuing.

Please help, I'm still learning. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

theres no harm in stopping the poisoning your child...esp hep b, which is spread thru drug use and unprotected sex with an infected partner.   hepb vax for newborns is one of the most useless out there, if the mom is not infected with it

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this
No harm. That is actually what we did with my second son. Good for you for researching and doing what is best for your child!
lovejoshthomas
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Thank you emmy. Gosh I wish I had known all of this from the start.
carolasaya
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the same with my second boy, I completely stopped the whole poisoning.

Quoting micheledo:

No harm. That is actually what we did with my second son. Good for you for researching and doing what is best for your child!
Dawn07
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he will be fine. I did the exact same thing with my daughter. She's now 6 and perfectly fine. Do not beat yourself up over giving the first shots either. Now that you know go from there.

mjrex87
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I know it's really hard to accept the choices you made in the past but you know better now and you should be proud of yourself for doing the research that most parents don't bother with! Welcome to the minority! :-)

lovejoshthomas
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so thankful to have found this group. It's hard when your own family thinks you're crazy. You all are amazing. Thanks so much
Liz132
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

It's already been said but yes you can stop. Don't feel too bad, my dd was also partially vaccinated before I knew better. It can be hard as a first time mom to know what's best for your child, especially when everyone is telling you vaxing is the only way if you want them to be healthy. You can't change the past but you can change the future. =)

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I wish I had known as soon as you have learned! My first two were vaxed through 2y.o. before my eyes were opened. Feel good that you were smart enough to research before he got anymore. :)

Presley77
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Good for you for stopping. Babies don't need hep b shots. They just want everyone to be vaxd for it. But unless you touch blood or poop that's tainted you're pretty safe. I mean seriously heb b for babies?! I never understood this at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)