Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family trying to guilt trip

Anyone have any experience with this? Like I said before, I am new to all of this, first time mom. I'm staying with my mom and sister currently, my husband is deployed. I feel very strongly about all of this & at first I had support... now that I've done my research & it's a definite no, I will not be vaccinating, it seems like my mom does not support it at all. And that's fine, I don't need anyone's approval to raise my child the way that I feel is right in my heart. But it makes me upset that someone, especially family, is going to speak with no knowledge of the 'other side' of what vaccines are and what they contain and then talk to me like I'm crazy.

I guess I'm going to need to get used to this fast. Atleast my husband understands... 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-13):
starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, you don't even have to discuss the issue with anyone if you don't want to.  My son was damaged by vaccine in March of 2001.  It was bad.  He lost all speech and wound up with a host of medical problems.  It has cost us a million dollars in lost wages and out of pocket expenses just to get him back to speaking and being high functioing, but his health is still a challenge.  He is thirteen now.  Today we are dealing with asthma AGAIN.  WE spent from October through December dealing with Fifth's disease, strep, and a rash that hasn't gone away yet.

Stand  your ground.  You're the one who has been wise enough to do your own reserach while others just want to be good little boys and girls and beleive whatever anyone else tells them to beleive.  I wish someonehad warned me.  My son lost his childhood.  His whole childhood has been a battle for health and a battle for a decent education.  

I know what you mean -- I know what you are going through.  My family was no different.  Of course my husband and his family were supportive.  My family never got that there was something wrong becaue after all my son is so "pretty" and normal looking.  My fahter told me that Peter Jennings said on the evening news that vaccine does not cause autism, so if Peter Jennings said it, then it must be true.  Right?

You can lead people to the truth but you cannot make them think!  But you are a thinker, and you are lucky enough to have done the reserach before anything bad happened.  I knew abou thimerosal and told the doc I didn't want it in my kid.  She got very angry with me and told me a bunch of lies about the safety.  Even though I stood my ground, she lied aobut the ingredients, telling me they had taken thimerosal out.  She lied and gave him thimerosal containing vaccines anywya and he immediatley lost speech and regressed.  After it happened she and her clinic abandoned us, and then she left the state.  Then I found out I couldn't sue her anyway as they are protected from vaccine litigation.  I think you are very wise, and a very strong mother.  I wouldn't wish on anyone what we have been through.  Hang in there

Starbuck75

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I loaned my mom a book and asked her to look up some info about the vaccines she was concerned about. She didn't so I told her we will not be discussing this anymore until she is willing to read my info. End of story. Will that work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Please psot the link.  I would like to see the pamphlet.

Thanks,

Starbuck75.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN