Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FB friend's child has a reaction to flumist vaccine

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

Any of you know what she can do? Her daughter is 6 or 7, had the nose flu shot and has been at almost 103 fever for 4 days now. Her daughter is sleepy all day and night, when awake she just says ouch ouch. Her eyes are purple (maybe has something to do with it being the nose vaccine). She is thinking about going to the ER, which I am thinking she needs to. What do you all think this is? How scary, that poor girl. Any recommendations I can send her?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

report it to VAERS first and foremost, and make sure the girl's dr who administered the vaccine knows what happened as well.  The ER won't do much except deny it is the vaccine that caused it, and tell her she probably was 'coming down' with something anyway-that's the standard answer.  Or turn her away due to the high amount of people going to the hospital.  

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Her eyes are purple?!? I've never heard of that before. Did she have the vaccine RIGHT before she started getting sick? I don't know what they will do other than prescribe Tamilflu. I would look around posts on this forum about the flu because there have been a lot of suggestions for things to do to prevent and fight the flu.

starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM

If it were my child, I would go to the ER.  Just don't let them give any more vaccines.  also be prepared for the "This is not the flu" and "Shemust have been coming down sick anyway" load of bull.

The Flu Mist is made with a LVE virus, so whe probably now has the flu.  Hopefully they will give her fluids at the hospital.  She may also need to step up the vitmain C and maybe D3 and some vitamin A.

You can Google viral shedding and read about how many who get shots and flumist are actually spreading the virus around.

I took a flu shot in 1987, and within a couple of hours I was deathly ill.  I turned completley yellow, ran a high fever, and could not walk.  I had to be carried into the ER.  It was the sickest I had ever been in my life and the only time I was sick that I thought I might die.  Of course they said it was a fluke.

Please tell your friend to immediatley also call the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) and reprot this reaciton.  It is becasue so few reactions are reproted that the world goes on thinking vaccines are so safe.

It took me a long itme to get over this reaction.  I knew nothing of VAERS at the time, and they certainly did not reprot it. I think it caused chronic fatigue syndrome and later I developed autoimmune hypothyroidism.  Becasue I knew so littel about the topic,  a pediatirican lied to me about the ingredients in vaccines, and my son was vaccinated and at fifteen months after four shots, he immediatley lost all speech and has had nothing but health problems ever since.

Starbuck75

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

The homeopathic remedy thuja is supposed to help with adverse vaccine reactions.  

ethanbugsmommy
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I am following her on FB hoping it's getting better but she just updated 2 hours ago that she is at the doctors. I can't believe it's this bad for so long.
laurag8707
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

wow I would say to report it as well and to take her to the er with it not getting better. hope she gets better soon

msboerschinger
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:04 AM
That's scary! What happened?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ethanbugsmommy
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM

nothing much... Theyre home now just waiting it out I guess

Quoting msboerschinger:

That's scary! What happened?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)