Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh and vac's

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

My dh sliced his finger open with a knife the other day. When he was getting stitched up they gave him a tetnus with the pertussus vac also. He is feeling sick today. Does the pertusses vac do that?

Our kids are not vac'd. He has a hard time telling the Dr. no. Irritates me sometimes but he is an adult.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yes, it does, and can present as a cold in an adult, when in fact it is whooping cough...that is how adults unknowingly spread it around.....

nzumbrun
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Oh yay (note the scarasm)!! Thank you

Quoting emmy526:

Yes, it does, and can present as a cold in an adult, when in fact it is whooping cough...that is how adults unknowingly spread it around.....

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Be careful with the kids since your hubs is now a "silent carrier." Up their vitamins C, A and D and maybe get some elderberry syrup as precaution.

GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nzumbrun
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Quoting jellyphish:

Be careful with the kids since your hubs is now a "silent carrier." Up their vitamins C, A and D and maybe get some elderberry syrup as precaution.

GL.

I have been looking up natural things to help. I am going to start some of them today. I am going to mega dose everyone with vitamin c.
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Mangoes are awesome because they are loaded with C and A and they are antiviral. They are a great food for preventing illness! GL, hope no one get wc!

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting jellyphish:

GL.

I have been looking up natural things to help. I am going to start some of them today. I am going to mega dose everyone with vitamin c.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I beleive it may have been the DTaP that was the worst of four vaccines my son received that caused immediate regression and destrution of his immune system.  I found several other moms whose children received the same lot number, and their children had also regressed.

Tetanus is almost wholly avoidable if one practices proper wound hygeine and allows teh wound to heal from the inside out.  It is not the tetanus bacteria itself that kills' it is the toxic waste the bacteria gives off that is lethal.  Tetanus bacteria is living in almost every soil sample outside.  It has to have a non-aerobic environment to flourinsh and start rpoduces the toxic waste, so when we don't allow air to get to the wound -- that is when it can take hold.

So the answer to your question is that yes, the shot he received can make him feel ill. Potential adverse neurologic and systemic events related to use of vaccines with pertussis and tetanus toxoid components may include Guillain-Barre' Syndrome, encephalopathy, and Arthus reaction.  Listed in the package insert for the pediatric form of the DTaP include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS, anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand-mal convulsion,encephalopathy, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence and apnea.

I am NOT making it up.  It is in the package insert of the Tripedia vaccine.

nzumbrun
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I know you are not making it up. I am anti-vax. My dh has a hard time telling the Dr "no" so I was just wondering what he (we) are in for. The vax for adults is called Tdap. I know there is really no difference in the toxins. I am going to put him on a vaccine detox. Hopefully that will help too

Quoting starbuck75:

I beleive it may have been the DTaP that was the worst of four vaccines my son received that caused immediate regression and destrution of his immune system.  I found several other moms whose children received the same lot number, and their children had also regressed.

Tetanus is almost wholly avoidable if one practices proper wound hygeine and allows teh wound to heal from the inside out.  It is not the tetanus bacteria itself that kills' it is the toxic waste the bacteria gives off that is lethal.  Tetanus bacteria is living in almost every soil sample outside.  It has to have a non-aerobic environment to flourinsh and start rpoduces the toxic waste, so when we don't allow air to get to the wound -- that is when it can take hold.

So the answer to your question is that yes, the shot he received can make him feel ill. Potential adverse neurologic and systemic events related to use of vaccines with pertussis and tetanus toxoid components may include Guillain-Barre' Syndrome, encephalopathy, and Arthus reaction.  Listed in the package insert for the pediatric form of the DTaP include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS, anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand-mal convulsion,encephalopathy, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence and apnea.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

this.  my husband got incredibly ill after recieving a dtap vax :(

Quoting starbuck75:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

tripedia has now eliminated some of the info off their insert

Quoting starbuck75:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)