Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a DCG that will be getting DTaP in March...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 398 Total Views

if I ask if she can do them on Friday should that be ok? When does it shed? How long?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:14 AM

it can shed for up to three weeks after receiving it....problems can arise for the first two weeks after vaxing, such as illness, ear infection, bronchial infection, fever, lethargy, fussiness, etc...how old is the child receiving it?

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
She will be 15 months. She gets her back on schedule.

Quoting emmy526:

it can shed for up to three weeks after receiving it....problems can arise for the first two weeks after vaxing, such as illness, ear infection, bronchial infection, fever, lethargy, fussiness, etc...how old is the child receiving it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Should I keep my baby away? I don't want anyone getting I'll.

Quoting emmy526:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

def keep an eye on the child and if she seems ill, keep your child away from her...how many other ki ds will be around this child?

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My there children. A two month old just starting at the time too.

Quoting emmy526:

def keep an eye on the child and if she seems ill, keep your child away from her...how many other ki ds will be around this child?

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

have your forewarned the mom about the potential risk of the shedding and infecting your other kids in your care?  if not,  you should, and let her know if you see signs of a reaction or illness, you will call her to come pick up her child

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
She is so pro vaccine. She thought it was ok when the doc said her daughter had a vaccine related rash and pale and runs. Idk.

Quoting emmy526:

have your forewarned the mom about the potential risk of the shedding and infecting your other kids in your care?  if not,  you should, and let her know if you see signs of a reaction or illness, you will call her to come pick up her child

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

well, she needs to be told you are the one responible for the kids, and if one child is going to compromise the health of others with no regards to the other kids,  then you may have to rethink your commitment to the family.  Is the two mo old going to be vaxed? if so, you have another shedding issue on your hands.

Quoting Baby4us09:

She is so pro vaccine. She thought it was ok when the doc said her daughter had a vaccine related rash and pale and runs. Idk.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Get the package insert. I have seen one mention shedding. Highlight it and say during this time she can't come to day care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM

that is a good idea as well....OP, if this child were to leave your care, how easy would it be for you to fill her spot?  just wondering.....

Quoting kitty8199:

Get the package insert. I have seen one mention shedding. Highlight it and say during this time she can't come to day care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN