Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a DCG that will be getting DTaP in March...

Posted by   + Show Post

if I ask if she can do them on Friday should that be ok? When does it shed? How long?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-14):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Not very easy.

Quoting emmy526:

that is a good idea as well....OP, if this child were to leave your care, how easy would it be for you to fill her spot?  just wondering.....

Quoting kitty8199:

Get the package insert. I have seen one mention shedding. Highlight it and say during this time she can't come to day care

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
The infant im pretty sure will be vaccinated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

from what i've heard in other moms testimony, the rotateq sheds and can cause other kids to get it..it  can cause bad diarhhrea and loss of appetite

Quoting Baby4us09:

The infant im pretty sure will be vaccinated.

starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

All I will say is that this is the shot that I beleive was the most problematic for my son.  He received four shots the day he regressed.  I spoke with many other moms over the years and we compared notes, and many of them reproted the same lot number as my child recieved, and all those had regressed into autism among developing many other issues.  Since mercury is still in the tetanus vaccine, you need t read the label regardign whether this vaccine stillhas mercury in it.  Of course when my son recieved it in 2001 (after the governemtn had told the public that thimerosal was out of the vaccines), my son received the full pediatric complement of mercury in this shot (12.5 mcg).  If the shot is pulled from a multi vial bottle, make SURE they shake it thoroughly.  Also be aware that even if they tool the thimerosal or mercucry out, in a multi-dose vial they had to add something as a preservative, and thism ost likely would aluminum, which is als very neuro toxic. You can read more about the ingredients here: voices.yahoo.com/dtap-vaccine-ingredients-1756453.html.  the package insert attests that the following were reproted after the administration of the Tridpedia DTaP vaccine:idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS, anaphylactic reaction, autism, convulsion/grand mal convulsion, encephalopathy (brain inflamation), hypotonia (muscle wasting), neuropathy, somnolence(excessive sleepiness), and apnea (stop breathing). I never tell parents what do to one way or the other.  I do say to get educated before you decide which vaccines to give or whether to give any at all. You do have to consider the risks versus the benefits regardign vaccination.  Is there presently a true outbreak?  How many deaths were there to this disease in the last year?  How fatal is the disease?  In diptheria, roughly 5 - 10 percetn of patients die - most cases being in children under five yeras of age. Tetanus is almost alwasy fatal; however most tetanus is preventible with good wound hygiene and keeping the wound exposed to air (oxygen) as the virau cannot proliferate unless there is an anearobic environment. Perusissis can last up to two weeks and kills aobut 5 - 10,000 people in the US each year, but these factors do not include whether the cases occurred in those already vaccinated or whether these fatalities were in unvaccianted persons.  It also doesn't include if the fatalities developed a secondary infection such as pneumonia or whether the fatalities occurred in people who were already immuno-comprimised, so a lot of facts can be left out of the statistics. Dipthereia has been greatly reduced by good sanitation and hygeine practices in this country. On the other hand one has to consider that pertussis can last two to three weeks while autism lasts a lifetime.  Also consider that many people have natural immunity passed down to them by their ancestors and never contract any of these diseases.  I received only four vaccines in my life, and only caught one childhood illness: the roseola, a type of measles.  Many people come in contact with these viruses - you could find tetanus bacteria in almost any sample of soil you tested in this country, but most people will mount their own immune response and develop titers to the disease without ever having been vaccinated.  I never "caught" chicken pox, but I hold titers to it.  Most diseases can be prevented with good sanitation practices, good hygeine, and most of all GOOD NUTRITION. Many childhood illnesses such as measles, mumps, and rubella confer natural lifetime immunity if caught when the child is young.  These diseases pose more of a threat if cuaght later on in life - hence the need for boosters as vaccinal immunity wears off so as human being we are being turned into vaccine junkies becasue we are never allowed to develop natural immunity.  Our very genetic cose was written by all the viruses our ancestors came in contact with and survived.  Now we are re-writing the human genetic code.  Again, you have to be the one to decide. garner information from many sources to make an informed decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN