Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son has severe asthma .

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

I was very uneducated about vaccinations when i had my 1st 11 years ago... i gave my first son all his shots right on time... L(. My middle I did selective vaccination.. They have all expecpt hep b and the MMR. They are 3 and almost 5. My youngest has about 7 shots total and she is only 10 month. I stopped giving her shots when she turned 7 months. I will give her polio and hib.. before she is a year. To be honest i don't knwo what to believe.. that maybe i am damned if i do and damned if i don't... :(. Anyway, i am very firm on the shots i do not wish to give my children, but my childs doctor is pushing me so hard to give him his MMR and heb b shot because he has asthma.. i tell her I will, but i KNOW i won't. I believe the amount of shots my child got in his life time gave him asthma. I do not believe it's hereditary at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, any suggestions and advice would help alot. Thanks for your advice and opinions. I am really confused.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I'd stop all shots until you've completed your research.  All vaccines carry risks that drs tend to downplay.  Autoimmune conditions (of which asthma is one) can be caused by vaccines.  I am not sure about the link between asthma and shots, but I believe there is one.

sweetangie79
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I stopped vaccinating my younest at 6 months after a seizure due to the MMR.  He now has autism, allergies, miraines, and adhd.  He is the healest I have.  I will never allow anyone in my family to get another vaccine.  I have sever asthma as well and I don't trust doctors at all.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM

what you need to do is research the diseases for which you want to vax, and then research the vaccine and how ineffective it is, or how UNneeded it is....hep b i transmitted thru drug use and sex with an infected partner,  something i think  babies and children don't have to worry about.  Polio han't been in the US since 1979...the cases of it now, are caused by the vax.

sashy37
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I am very angry at the medical doctors who allow this to happen to our children. I am disgusted by it all. I am going to lose my cool the next doctor that tells me what to do with my own child. I definately knew not to give MMR and HEB B.. I have the doc Sears book for 6 years.. so that'.. is where i get my info. But you ladies are right.. i need to stop and research. I do need a reputable site.. if anyone can recommend i would appreciate it :). Thanks for the replies as well :).

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM

what kind of reputable site are you looking for and what kind of info on what kinds of things? There are many many reputable links for info right in this group....if you don't see what you are looking for specifically, please let us know, and we'll try to help. 

Quoting sashy37:

I am very angry at the medical doctors who allow this to happen to our children. I am disgusted by it all. I am going to lose my cool the next doctor that tells me what to do with my own child. I definately knew not to give MMR and HEB B.. I have the doc Sears book for 6 years.. so that'.. is where i get my info. But you ladies are right.. i need to stop and research. I do need a reputable site.. if anyone can recommend i would appreciate it :). Thanks for the replies as well :).

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Why polio? Hasn't existed in over 30.years naturally. All cases are caused by the vaccine, and normal presentation is nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Hib its normal flora in your body. Those are 2 of the most pointless ones.

Don't do any until you're 100% sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM
50 years! :)

Quoting kitty8199:

Why polio? Hasn't existed in over 30.years naturally. All cases are caused by the vaccine, and normal presentation is nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1979 was the last wild case. May have been a single case and not epidemic for 50.
The fact they still push this one boggles the mind

Quoting micheledo:

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Wow, my math skills stink today!!! I know it was the 70's. Can I blame this flu and my fever?

Quoting kitty8199:

1979 was the last wild case. May have been a single case and not epidemic for 50.

The fact they still push this one boggles the mind

Quoting micheledo:

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I just wanted to check on the information listed here.  I worked in the medical field for several years and many of those were in pediatrics.  Did they give your sone an MMR vaccine at 6 mos old?  That shot isn't reccomended until a child is at least 12 mos b/c it is a live virus shot.  If they gave it that early that is total malpractice.

Quoting sweetangie79:

I stopped vaccinating my younest at 6 months after a seizure due to the MMR.  He now has autism, allergies, miraines, and adhd.  He is the healest I have.  I will never allow anyone in my family to get another vaccine.  I have sever asthma as well and I don't trust doctors at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN